Salam - Can't wait to learn!

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

ramshazaheer
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Container plants

Salam - Can't wait to learn!

Post by ramshazaheer »

Assalamualaikum everyone,
My name is Ramsha Zaheer and I am a recent medical graduate from Karachi.
I have developed an interest in gardening after I used to spend my evening studying time outside among the plants and fresh air. I owe my mental health and sanity to these gifts.
Now that I have taken a personal interest in taking care of the plants, a quick internet search led me to these forums. I have been using Google a lot to learn, as well as asking many questions from the nurserymen when I visit the nurseries, but this forum is a true treasure!
We used to have an amazing mali a few years ago, but he left, and we haven't found the right support till yet :( and have lost a lot of plants in the process.
My aim to is to rejuvenate our house with the plants.
1. In the kiyari outside, we used to have 6 naarial trees. Only 1 left so far, but I don't think it'll last long either, the kids are always climbing on it, or swinging from the leaves, and when they try to take the coconuts, they do quite a lot of damage to the tree with their handmade tools. So one project is to re-build the kiyari, without naarial trees this time.
2. We have a rockery (spelling?) inside, and that too is only an echo of it's past glory days. At the moment it has one aloe vera, one very determined sada bahar, and three succulents which I read labelled somewhere are called tasbeeh plants but I'll confirm.
3. A variety of plants in containers including dieffenbachia, money plants and one I thought was elephant ears, but when I Googled it I got very different pictures. All these are under a green shade/netting.
4. Other plants in containers include ficus, including one bonsai.
5. We have a small kiyari inside as well with two lemon trees, and one Ixora (with red flowers).
All of my plants need some sort of rescuing and time, love and care.
I will share photos and in appropriate subtopic areas and I can't wait to learn more. Hoping InshaAllah for the best!
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Salam - Can't wait to learn!

Post by Izhar »

Welcome to the forum...
muhammadimran7
City: rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: growing from seeds

Re: Salam - Can't wait to learn!

Post by muhammadimran7 »

welcome to the forum