I am new

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

javed khaanzada

I am new

Post by javed khaanzada »

Hello friends,

I am Javed Khaanzada from Hyderabad, Sindh. Working as Inspector in Hyderbad District Police. Keeping exhibition budgerigars, since 2000. Now a days thinking to get basic knowledge of home gardening. Please to know that some local friends have indpth knowledge of basic & advance gardening, I hope my foolish question will not disturb you.

Regds-javed
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: I am new

Post by Izhar »

Welcome to the forum Javed, ask as many questions as you want to.. we all are here to learn and share. We will try our best to answer your queries.

Izhar
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by tweedle2009 »

Welcome aboard.

Kindly tell us what are you growing currently.
javed khaanzada

Thanks friends for warm welcome. I do have plenty of space in my home, which is constructed over 1000 sq yds, its basically a 110 years old haveli, but unluckily there is not any space to sow in plant at floor, because its all tiles with sang e marmar. I have placed some small & big pots, in which I sowed some plant like Buddleia Asiatica-Butterfly Bush (I got its name from http://www.lahoregardening.com/2009/07/ ... ahore.html) here in Hyd we usually call it Sevra or Haar Singhar, another plant or we can say it (Bail) I dont know what you call Bail in english? Such bail has yellow flowers just like loudspeaker style, with thick leaves. Will try to share its pics for its proper name.

Ok, lets come to the questions in my mind:

Butterfly Bush is almost one year old, and raise upto 8 feets, but unable to produce flowers, can you share me any solution, because I observed in several places in my city that such plants full of pink & white flowers.

As temp here is 40 plus & in next few months will increase upto 48 C, how many times I should have to give water to plants, once a day or twice a day, and what should be the ideral time for watering?

One of my kid has allergy with Gobar Khaad, so what would be the alternative, I am interested in Chelated foliar, if it would be not harmful for plants?

Regds-javed
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

javed khaanzada wrote: Butterfly Bush is almost one year old, and raise upto 8 feets, but unable to produce flowers, can you share me any solution, because I observed in several places in my city that such plants full of pink & white flowers.

As temp here is 40 plus & in next few months will increase upto 48 C, how many times I should have to give water to plants, once a day or twice a day, and what should be the ideral time for watering?

Regds-javed
I doubt that you have butterfly bush because it is not a common plant in hydrabad and it does not bloom in this heat. Buddleia does not like high temps. It also does not come in pink color at least per my knowledge. Can you post some pics?

Water on the high side in May and June. Provide shade as well.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
javed khaanzada

Dear Khabbab,

From your blog I realised its english name ie Butterfly Bush and its the same plant I have in my home as well as in my city. Its flowers has medium fragranc and in winter, evenings & nights spread the whole area. Now a days such plants have flowers, as shown at your pics, but not such fragrance, as I observed in winter.

Regds-javed
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Javed, Khabbab is correct your plant is not Butterfly Bush you misjudge the name. Your Plant is Har Singhar (Coral Jasmine, Tree of Sorrow) botanical name: Nyctanthes arbortristis
javed khaanzada

mirafzalkhan wrote:Javed, Khabbab is correct your plant is not Butterfly Bush you misjudge the name. Your Plant is Har Singhar (Coral Jasmine, Tree of Sorrow) botanical name: Nyctanthes arbortristis
Dear Mir Afzal,
I just checked Nyctanthes arbortristis at Wikipedia, its showing entirely different flower, I will try to get Haar Singhar's pic with you, which is same as Khubbab shown at his blog.

Regds-javed

[Reply text color edited by Site Admin]
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

I think Javed's Butterfly Bush is Sehra i.e. (Rangoon Creeper)
javed khaanzada

Dear Izhar,
I checked Rangoon Creeper at Wikipedia, it has only pinkish red flowers, whereas here I observed flowers just like Rangoon Creeper, but also contain white flowers too.

Return to “Introduction”