I am new

New members introduce here. Tell us what you are growing, your interests and where you are growing.

Moderator: Izhar

Izhar
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4292
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 9:38 am
Country: Pakistan
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals
Location: Karachi, Sindh

Re: I am new

Post by Izhar » May 2nd, 2011, 10:43 pm

Javed sb. google the images of Rangoon creeper and you'll get exactly like the plant in question.

javed khaanzada
Posts: 117
Joined: May 1st, 2011, 3:18 pm

Re: I am new

Post by javed khaanzada » May 2nd, 2011, 10:55 pm

Thanks Dear Izhar sb, for more guidence I found the correct pic here:

http://www.indianetzone.com/5/the_rangoon_creeper.htm

2nd pic is same, as I saw here.

UMAR KHAN
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 485
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 8:24 am

Re: I am new

Post by UMAR KHAN » May 2nd, 2011, 11:44 pm

Welcome Jved sb.Rangoon climber which Izhar ha mentioned produce red as wel as white on the same vine.actually the flowers are white in begining then convert into red.if u have a vine please note a specific bloom which has just bloomed.u will see it changes its color with the passage of time.Javed u share one thing more with me.i also love birds.but i have said good bye to budgrigars.now i only keep peafowls & parrots.but we can not discuss it on this forum as it is only devoted for plant lovers.u re once again wel comed our new friend.bye

javed khaanzada
Posts: 117
Joined: May 1st, 2011, 3:18 pm

Re: I am new

Post by javed khaanzada » May 3rd, 2011, 12:06 am

Thanks Dear Umar sb.
In urdu we call "Bail" and in english they use word "vine"...am I correct?

I do planted Rangoon Creeper or Climber in a big pot in my house last year, nearly one year passed but it failed to produce a single flower, I think due to unavailabily of fertilizer. Today here I found name of good one, will try to arrange it from Karachi.

Good to know that you are also a bird lover, without plants, pets & kids....we can name it house, not home....:)

I am Vice President of BSP-Budgerigar Society of Pakistan, affliated with WBO-World Budgerigar Organization, based in UK. You can join me at:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/? ... =668171472

There you can meet hundereds of bird lovers.

Regds-javed

UMAR KHAN
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 485
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 8:24 am

Re: I am new

Post by UMAR KHAN » May 3rd, 2011, 12:28 am

dear Javed if u have planted Rangoon climber i think it will not flower in pot.i have two in ground.they are full of blooms through out summer.in pot culture i think it will flower if u feed it with NPK 20 20 20 formula in liquid form.

khabbab
Founder
Founder
Posts: 1415
Joined: April 9th, 2011, 10:35 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Contact:

Re: I am new

Post by khabbab » May 3rd, 2011, 10:07 am

UMAR KHAN wrote:i also love birds.but i have said good bye to budgrigars.now i only keep peafowls & parrots.but we can not discuss it on this forum as it is only devoted for plant lovers.
No problem with birds discussion as long as you guys do not turn towards hunting them :P

Will put a sub-forum of birds and butterflies in the General section as they are closely related to gardening. I daily observe sunbirds visiting my murraya plant for red berries :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com

javed khaanzada
Posts: 117
Joined: May 1st, 2011, 3:18 pm

Re: I am new

Post by javed khaanzada » May 3rd, 2011, 3:11 pm

UMAR KHAN wrote:dear Javed if u have planted Rangoon climber i think it will not flower in pot.i have two in ground.they are full of blooms through out summer.in pot culture i think it will flower if u feed it with NPK 20 20 20 formula in liquid form.
Dear Umar, thats why I was interested to buy a quality fertilizer, I also have noted NPK 20 20 20 formula.

Regds-javed

UMAR KHAN
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 485
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 8:24 am

Re: I am new

Post by UMAR KHAN » May 3rd, 2011, 8:26 pm

Aoa dear Javed if ur sweet child is alergic to cow manure,u can use well rotted leaves compost.i think its the most beneficiatial organic fertilizer.it,s superior to cow manure.

javed khaanzada
Posts: 117
Joined: May 1st, 2011, 3:18 pm

Re: I am new

Post by javed khaanzada » May 3rd, 2011, 10:23 pm

khabbab wrote:
UMAR KHAN wrote:i also love birds.but i have said good bye to budgrigars.now i only keep peafowls & parrots.but we can not discuss it on this forum as it is only devoted for plant lovers.
No problem with birds discussion as long as you guys do not turn towards hunting them :P

Will put a sub-forum of birds and butterflies in the General section as they are closely related to gardening. I daily observe sunbirds visiting my murraya plant for red berries :)
It would be nice to add sub-forum. I have spared two rooms for my birds. In one room which is 12fts X 20fts they enjoy flying in non breedding season. 2nd room which is at groundfloor I use it as breeding room, I have installed a AC in it. I spent half an hr in early morning and half an hr in evening there. But when I get some worries, I try to sit and observe their activities, my BP becomes normal... :)

javed khaanzada
Posts: 117
Joined: May 1st, 2011, 3:18 pm

Re: I am new

Post by javed khaanzada » May 3rd, 2011, 10:25 pm

UMAR KHAN wrote:Aoa dear Javed if ur sweet child is alergic to cow manure,u can use well rotted leaves compost.i think its the most beneficiatial organic fertilizer.it,s superior to cow manure.
Dear Umar,

Its another good idea, I donot have very big setup but I can get such rotted leaves from garden of any friend....thanks.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduction”