Need Gerbera & Ranunculus seeds, plz

Acquire Free Seeds or Donate Seeds to the Bank

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Need Gerbera & Ranunculus seeds, plz

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

Assalam o alekum

Anyone could help me regarding Gerbera and Ranunculus seeds? plz

Thanks to all
Learn & Share
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Need Gerbera & Ranunculus seeds, plz

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa hi this is not the right time to saw Ranunculus seeds plus it will be better is you get ready to plant seedlings in Oct.You can get seeds from Pride seeds, Lahore in Sep.Dont grow Gerberas from seeds.Gerbera from seeds does not come true to the type & blooms are semi double.Go for imported tissue cultured baby plants.These days Tissue culture plants are available.The tissue culture florist gerberas are tightly packed fully double blooms.
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Re: Need Gerbera & Ranunculus seeds, plz

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Aoa hi this is not the right time to saw Ranunculus seeds plus it will be better is you get ready to plant seedlings in Oct.You can get seeds from Pride seeds, Lahore in Sep.Dont grow Gerberas from seeds.Gerbera from seeds does not come true to the type & blooms are semi double.Go for imported tissue cultured baby plants.These days Tissue culture plants are available.The tissue culture florist gerberas are tightly packed fully double blooms.
Walekum Assalam

Weather here in Quetta is still a bit cold. 0C in night and day is almost till 10C. Ranunculus can be grown till 15th April. Seedlings of Ranunculus or Gerbera are not avilalbe here in local nurseries. That is why I demanded the seeds.

I saw Gerbera plants in one of the local hospital, grown in the beds beside lawn. They were looking too beautiful, I m sure they all were grown by seeds.

Ok I got what u said and thank u so much for the reply and guidance.
Learn & Share

Return to “Seed Bank”