Attention all forum members

Help on posting on Forum. Suggestions & Feedback
Know about important happenings on Forum & Gardening World

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Attention all forum members

Post by khabbab »

Got from Ahmed Irfan as well :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Post by mirafzalkhan »

AYKhan, tweedle2009, Johara, Muhammad Arif Khan and Ahmed Irfan thanks for your contribution. Khabbab, Izhar and I are also in the list. As Khabbab already mention that we have some feature plans such as to participate in annual flower show, conduct gardening workshops and get registered as a gardening society. So request to all forum members please contribute. How much is not the Question less or more will help to achieve the plans. If any member has some suggestion please share with us.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Mir Sb. I have contacted the Horticultural Society of Pakistan (HSP) and they told me to email them brief profile of our forum and purpose of arranging the stall in up coming Annual Flower Show in Karachi. They will advice us accordingly with tariff. Any suggestion from members will be appreciable.
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Let see what other forum members suggest.
Johara
Donor
Donor

Post by Johara »

I have only been to one of the flower shows in Karachi 6 years ago and from what I hear it has really improved. Please let me know what needs to be done and how I can help in any way.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

I think that would be a good idea. I think tariff will depend on space as well. Although our banner on the stall will be a big plus but the stall must have some attractions. Some of ideas are following:

- Free seeds. Not only me but izhar and other members have lots of un-common seeds.
- Free plants. Why not we give free tomato plants(or any other plants) to those visitors who can tell us the correct botanic name of Mango(Or tell us whether tomato is a fruit or veggie) :D i mean think in marketing terms.
- i think we should display a calender of gardening there. Which vegetable is grown in which month(and also which one can be planted in pots). Women will be more interested in this one. This point is actually for kitchen gardening. I have been contacted by lots of new comers about this one.

Hope to have few more ideas from others.
Lahore gardening blog
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Y the flower show in karachi y not lahore?? we do have a flower show in race course in march..........
Johara
Donor
Donor

Post by Johara »

I think a growing calendar for veggies is a great idea. Maybe it should be a give away, would be happy to design it and print it if the experts on this forum would provide me with the info. How about a small workshop for kids?
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

AhmadIrfan wrote:Y the flower show in karachi y not lahore?? we do have a flower show in race course in march..........
I have been covering the flower shows in lahore for last 2 years. The one in race course is now the chrysanthemum show. Not more than 5 stalls last 2 years. The one is lawrence gardens in March/April is bigger one. 10-15 stalls with lots of people. But that is still much smaller show as compared to karachi. Being an old lahori, i would love to introduce people of lahore to our forum in that show. At least we can display the banner in the show. Adnan have some links in the PHA and that might help us.
Lahore gardening blog
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

Johara wrote:I think a growing calendar for veggies is a great idea. Maybe it should be a give away, would be happy to design it and print it if the experts on this forum would provide me with the info. How about a small workshop for kids?
Yes veggie calender give away sounds good infact it is the feasible way. Let us c what others suggest.

Workshop in the next phase though:)
Lahore gardening blog

Return to “Forum Announcements, Help, Gardening News & Events”