Get-Together-Rawalpindi/Islamabad Chapter of Gardening Pak

Help on posting on Forum. Suggestions & Feedback
Know about important happenings on Forum & Gardening World

Moderator: Izhar

jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Get-Together-Rawalpindi/Islamabad Chapter of Gardening Pak

Post by jdashraf »

AoA.
Some time back I had suggested to have city chapters of Gardening Pakistan (see link below for details)
http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... di+chapter ..

Today I received a call from Mr Hammad (Wah Cantt) suggesting to have get-together of Rawalpindi/Islamabad chapter. Hammad has already talked to Mr Kaleem, he also agreed to the idea. Sir Munir and Farhan had already shown willingness to attend such gathering whenever planned. So here is what me and Hammad sb have discussed. We may have gathering on a cup of tea, details as under:-

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 14
Time: 1530 hrs
RV: Some mess at Rawalpindi Cantt (to be arranged by me)

Attendance: All forum members who can manage to attend, but it would be appreciated if all members from Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Wah Cantt, Risalpur/Mardan, Peshawar and near vicinity of Rawalpindi attend the gathering.

As offered in the a/m post, I ll be host of first meeting and you all will be guests .
Any suggestions, changes in date and time is always welcome.
Discussion is open for all.
Javed Ashraf.
Tahir Khan
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: Get-Together-Rawalpindi/Islamabad Chapter of Gardening P

Post by Tahir Khan »

Im in... hopefully :D
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

That is great initiative :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
jdashraf
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Tahir Khan wrote:Im in... hopefully :D
Ok. Good.
Javed Ashraf.
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

. Thank you Jd for initiating the subject.In fact,I have been thinking for some months,to invite the Forum members to a cup of tea in my garden in spring. Here is spring & the ball has been set rolling,so please let me take the privilege to be the host.
. I was considering it around 1100 hrs or 1600 hrs on Sun 13th. Even Sat 12 Apr is no problem for me but for some friends it may be a working day.Day/time is open to adjustment, subject to convenience of members & weather.
. Jd, since you are the initiator of the proposal,if you agree & give your preference of date /time, I ll post the details for the information of the desirous members.
jdashraf

Post by jdashraf »

Sir I know you have been trying to have gathering of local forum members. Sir its ok with me if you host the first meeting. May be I ll try some other time.
Javed Ashraf.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Next weekend not possible for me, however I am free tomorrow and can make a quick errand
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

Salam everyone!
Its a really nice effort to have a get together of local forum members. Just have a suggestion to share with all the members. Spring Bird and Flower is being held in Rose and Jasmine garden islamabad from 4th april to 6th april. If members agree we can have a small get together on 6th april i.e; sunday at the flower show. Suggestions awaited.
Regardz
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Thank you Javaid sb for initiating this thread as per our earlier discussion

and thank you all who showed their interest so far in this meetings and specially to Munir sb, I think this weekend is too early to manage for all of us as we need some time to plan it could be next weekend or the following weekend as per most members convenience to get maximum attendance to make this meeting successful, still waiting to hear from our most senior and active members though invitation is open for all.
I m in any time any day but waiting for members to share their concern as Farhan informed already that for him next weekend will not be possible, one solution could be Friday evening if we agree, because sometimes people have some other commitments for the weekend.

please do participate

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
jdashraf

Post by jdashraf »

Being stationed in Pindi, I should also be available any time after 5 PM on Fri till Sun Evening.
Up-till now, not much of participation though...response from even Pindi waals is also awaited..
Javed Ashraf.

Return to “Forum Announcements, Help, Gardening News & Events”