Need suggestions, New hosting for forum

Help on posting on Forum. Suggestions & Feedback
Know about important happenings on Forum & Gardening World

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Need suggestions, New hosting for forum

Post by khabbab »

Dear All,

Due to last 2-day continuous downtime of forum was really bad (It was accessible from all countries except pakistan). We are the only client from pakistan with your hosting provider maiahost and their Data centres block traffic from pakistan due to security reasons. Its time to shift to new hosting company. I have done all the R&D regarding shifting of phpbb forum and other stuff. Kindly suggest some good international hosting company based on your experience and not on internet based reviews as they are not reliable. Some important features we require include:

1 - Technical support 24/7, live chat must be available in our daytime. Currently maiahost do not provide technical help during their off time (Pakistan day time) which is not acceptable.

2- Hosting plan of 3 months to start with. If we go to 12 months hosting and something goes wrong, we are stuck with the payment. The money back guarantee is not reliable.

3- Data backup option, very important. If autobackup then even better. I am thinking about bluehost, justhost, hostgator etc.

And yes the money from the donation bank will be used for new hosting. I Will update it in the donation thread.

Waiting for your suggestions.

Khabbab
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Need suggestions, New hosting for forum

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

no knowledge.
Rafique what do you suggest?
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:no knowledge.
Rafique what do you suggest?
I have some experience of sever sea and its services are reliable and have different good packages. Almost all the things which Khabbab mentioned are there. We can check the details from the websites of the hosting companies.
Rafique
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Server sea looks good. But their minimum plan is 1 year.
Lahore gardening blog
rafique

Post by rafique »

Sever Sea is providing 30 days Money Back Guarantee
http://www.serversea.com/popups/guarantee.php
Rafique
rafique

Post by rafique »

Why you want immediate switching of host? You recently renewed the hosting for one year? Should we not to carry with the existing hosting till this contract ends up, then you can host the site at which ever is the best?
Rafique
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

I never pay full year in advance, it is recurring payment auto deducted from my account on quarterly basis. The sooner we switch the better because the support staff of our current hosting company told me that they have restored the site temporarily and blockage issue might rise again in future.

I believe We should move to a host where there are many pakistani clients. Server sea looks good. Lets wait if any more suggestions otherwise we will do it in a week or so.
Lahore gardening blog

Return to “Forum Announcements, Help, Gardening News & Events”