Suggestion : An Illustrated List of Pakistani Garden Plants

Discussion & Suggestions on How to Improve Forum

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
Posts: 775
Joined: February 20th, 2013, 2:07 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping
Location: Zone 2

Re: Suggestion : An Illustrated List of Pakistani Garden Pla

Post by KBW » March 8th, 2013, 2:33 pm

@jdashraf
Sir I can suggest a basic format which can be further developed through suggestions from other members IF the whole exercise is desirable to forum members.

regards

Munir
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1088
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 1:43 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies
Location: Islamabad

Re: Suggestion : An Illustrated List of Pakistani Garden Pla

Post by Munir » April 3rd, 2013, 1:36 pm

munir wrote:Sure, when they fresh up after some weeks; presently they are pulled down.
Sorry Farooq Sb,I have not been able to meet my commitment,being away from my garden; may be some more weeks. I was thinking if it could be possible to involve some good nursery(s) to get the snaps of its plants, rather than collect these from individuals.This will have some advantages; more variety/range,ready information about each plant, better quality of plants,roughly same size of all plants,uniform bachground/surroundings & quality of images,convenience,less effort & time etc, etc. We could even consider asking them to provide us the photos/information, which they may be willing ,if given some incentive eg even adding their label, if the Forum Management allows ,as it has some minor implications.

Don't you think,the best place would be Karachi ,due to better nurseries with wide/diverse range of plants.

For your consideration & if agreed taking up the matter with the persons who matter. Regards, Munir

M Farooq
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 4:31 am
Country: Pakistan
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Suggestion : An Illustrated List of Pakistani Garden Pla

Post by M Farooq » April 3rd, 2013, 8:09 pm

munir wrote:
munir wrote:Sure, when they fresh up after some weeks; presently they are pulled down.
Sorry Farooq Sb,I have not been able to meet my commitment,being away from my garden; may be some more weeks. I was thinking if it could be possible to involve some good nursery(s) to get the snaps of its plants, rather than collect these from individuals.This will have some advantages; more variety/range,ready information about each plant, better quality of plants,roughly same size of all plants,uniform bachground/surroundings & quality of images,convenience,less effort & time etc, etc. We could even consider asking them to provide us the photos/information, which they may be willing ,if given some incentive eg even adding their label, if the Forum Management allows ,as it has some minor implications.

Don't you think,the best place would be Karachi ,due to better nurseries with wide/diverse range of plants.

For your consideration & if agreed taking up the matter with the persons who matter. Regards, Munir
No worries Munir shb. I am out the country for another year due to my studies and research work. Although the idea is good but impossible for me at this moment. I do collect pictures whenever I visit botanical gardens.

Regards,
Farooq

Munir
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1088
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 1:43 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies
Location: Islamabad

Re: Suggestion : An Illustrated List of Pakistani Garden Pla

Post by Munir » April 3rd, 2013, 9:46 pm

Great.I ll also keep working on it locally. Have a successful & enjoyable stay abroad. God speed!

M Farooq
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1756
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 4:31 am
Country: Pakistan
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Suggestion : An Illustrated List of Pakistani Garden Pla

Post by M Farooq » April 4th, 2013, 12:40 am

munir wrote:Great.I ll also keep working on it locally. Have a successful & enjoyable stay abroad. God speed!
Thanks, but Apna mulk apna hota hey. And here the temperature ranges from -20 to 10 degrees for 8 months. So no outdoor gardening! The only bad news that almost all my favourite plants and trees planted are now dead at home. Quite sad about it.

Munir
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1088
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 1:43 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies
Location: Islamabad

Re: Suggestion : An Illustrated List of Pakistani Garden Pla

Post by Munir » April 4th, 2013, 2:41 am

M Farooq wrote:
munir wrote:Great.I ll also keep working on it locally. Have a successful & enjoyable stay abroad. God speed!
Thanks, but Apna mulk apna hota hey. And here the temperature ranges from -20 to 10 degrees for 8 months. So no outdoor gardening! The only bad news that almost all my favourite plants and trees planted are now dead at home. Quite sad about it.
Agreed. I can understand as I am also abroad these days;but for a much shorter period.I too am missing my garden.

Post Reply

Return to “Forum Improvement”