Calendar of Periodical (Seasonal/Monthly) Activity

Discussion & Suggestions on How to Improve Forum

Moderator: Izhar

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Calendar of Periodical (Seasonal/Monthly) Activity

Post by Munir »

Suggestion for Consideration of The Management:
There is some important gardening activity in every month of the year, which if missed or carried out late may either retard the growth of the plants or reduce their performance or damage them, be it in a Decorative/Ornamental Garden including lawn, flowers & plants-outdoor as well as indoor or Veggies Garden or Fruit trees . It may also result in wastage of time, effort & resources. It is therefore, essential that for best results, all actions are taken in/on time, for some of which prior preparations may also be required. To help the members, particularly the new gardeners or those not well organized, it is suggested that The Forum Management may kindly consider issuing a seasonal/monthly calendar of gardening activity.
It will go a long way in promoting & facilitating proper gardening . It is only the first time that some effort will be required for preparing the calendar, subsequently it could just be updated-that too if required & issued in time, say 7-10 days in advance.
I wish I had knowledge & expertise to undertake this noble task, but regretfully I am not so lucky yet. However, the role I can play is to ensure that it is issued in time, subsequently.
While the above proposal is under consideration, to save time a separate post is being initiated for the month of Mar.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Calendar of Periodical (Seasonal/Monthly) Activity

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Very good suggestion.....
However initially we will try to keep the calender basic in nature and not plants specific, otherwise it will become an endless list. We can have broad categories like annuals, roses, vegetables, seed sowing deadlines and general maintenance guide like pruning, pinching etc etc
newton
City: jhelum

Re: Calendar of Periodical (Seasonal/Monthly) Activity

Post by newton »

What to do in April

1 fruit and vegetables

2 annual and perennial flowers

3 shrubs hedges, trees etc

6 lawns and grass

7 roses

8 bulbs and potted plants

9 pests and diseases