How to unsubscribe?

Discussion & Suggestions on How to Improve Forum

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: How to unsubscribe?

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I un-subscribe web sites which become a nuisance by cluttering my mail mostly by junk mail or their news letters of little value to me.
This free web site does not impose it self, you don't want it don't open it.
Is there some thing more to it that I do not comprehend.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

keep it simple guys, a person is simply asking HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE?? its not about if he is leaving or coming, if someone ask you where do you live it dsnt mean he is coming to your place, let the admin answer his query, stay cool guys :P chill out.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Hamad, No question is without any reason and discussions are healthy effort to get information regarding what you can not make out. I feel offended by your remark' stay cool guys :P chill out.
I am not picking any fight.
Arif
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Wow wow wow O my God someone is picking on me lols haha :lol: :lol: :lol: , my comment were general not specific stay cool guys is not an abusive nor insulting so take it easy and you don’t need to feel like offended :) , Nusrat must be amazed how a simple question trigger such a wave of replies already on second page with 13 replies but eventually he will get used to it haha :lol: :lol: , let me put another example to make the things simple, sometimes a question raised by a student in a class that seems silly coz no other would have the courage to ask may increase knowledge of students sitting in the same classroom, and in the same manner this question may end up with having new option, for some it may not help but for few it may mean a lot.
I m a easy peasy guy like to chill out and suggest others too haha :lol: :lol: , Nusrat I hope you will get your answer soon before we will hit more replies haha, this thread seems to be drifting away and so am I, signing off best of luck Nusrat with your question ;) .
one last suggestion this thread needs a little chilling then it will bloom inshAllah :P I hope it may help.

Stay blessed and Happy, and keep smiling
With kindest regards
Hamad :P
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

It is indeed any member's right to ask anything especially when it concerns his privacy. This culture does exist especially in west , that if people do not like a website/any portal they tend to un-join it to show their concern. A symbolic show of privacy. In Pakistan, people just leave it for good, without saying anything or unsubscribing.

I am quite certain such a feature is presently not available in the forum script and neither it was thought upon for couple of reasons.
1) those unwilling to continue vanish off straightaway.
2) and more importantly, when such an option exists, the members' posts will automatically become obsolete, similarly the out going member will/might also claim to delete his posts which is utterly impossible for the integrity of the forum as it is a discussion forum and posts are not remarks in isolation, when one posts is deleted the continuity and sense of discussion is lost making it all useless.
It is important to note that anything that is posted in the discussion forum becomes the property of the forum after sometime.(precisely few minutes after which it can not be deleted)

As for now, this option exists with the Mod/Admin only. Any unwilling member can be deleted on his choice without the deletion of his posts whether he agrees or not.

Now this being said, i will elaborate Brig Arif's point of view.
It is about own-ness. Lets say a handful of people lay the foundation of a garden which in time becomes reasonably worthwhile.
After sometime a visitor merely enters from the gate and ask the very care takers of the garden " where is the exit door?"........
I am sure the care-takers/long time dwellers would be decent enough not to say anything bad to the visitor/new entrant, and would simply point out the direction of exit. But in their heart they would in fact feel offended, that what was it, that caused the entrant to ask for so early exit. They would feel, is something wrong with our garden or with us the long dwellers. Are we smelly :-), ugly or bad mouth :-)

The decent way for the new entrant would be that if he/she did not like the place or for any reason wants to leave, he must do so discreetly. That would serve his purpose also and would not hurt anyone who dwells there.

Return to “Forum Improvement”