How to unsubscribe?

Discussion & Suggestions on How to Improve Forum

Moderator: Izhar

Nusrat
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Everything to do with growing and maintaining plants.

How to unsubscribe?

Post by Nusrat »

Hello administrators,
Am I missing it or have you forgotten to include an "unsubscribe" option on the website? Please advise...
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: How to unsubscribe?

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

:? Rarely have I been confused so much, joined on 13th and want to know how to UN subscribe on 14th.
Age is certainly catching up.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

unsubscribe option is usually for newsletter etc.I havent found this option on any of forums i have joined.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

ka_khan wrote:unsubscribe option is usually for newsletter etc.I havent found this option on any of forums i have joined.
True and even then they do not listen to you.Only he can tell what he wants.
Nusrat

Post by Nusrat »

LOL, Muhammad Arif Khan! Your old age or mine? I always like to know where my escape route is. Seriously, the administrators need to provide the "unsubscribe" option on this site.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

I think Nusrat (or any other user) has the right to ask if something is missing, regardless of how many days passed since joining the forum. Being the only active site admin, i would like our forum to be a place which gardeners would love to visit again and again which is certainly difficult to achieve if some button or link is missing on forum :)

Welcome to the forum Nusrat, if you are referring to Unsubscribe topic button then you should find it on the bottom of the page, i have attached a screenshot.
unsubscribe.JPG
If this is not the subscribe you are talking about, then let us know exactly what you are looking for and we would resolve.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Nusrat

Post by Nusrat »

Dear Khabbab, thank you for your welcome message. This is a fantastic site. I am impressed by the responses to queries, especially, with reference to plant identification. I didn't expect to see the use of botanical binomials. Thank you for managing this amazing resource for garden lovers.

As for my query, it related to the option of unsubscribing from the site altogether. It was a theoretical question. I am happy to be on board with this plant loving community.

Best regards,
Nusrat.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

unsubscribing from the site altogether.
Still confused.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

ASA Nusrat and welcome to the site, thanks for the kind words. Technical enquiries like yours surely serve to improve the experience for all users.

I think some of us have been confused if your coming or going. Having said that though we have a combined age of nearly 200 years so please be patient with us.

I joined in April 2013 and after 430 postings only my Rabh knows how long i'm staying. But im determined to upload pictures from my garden visit to Howarden Hall Harrogate first. its part of my task of around the UK in 80 gardens (inshallah)

Regards
Ifzal (newton)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Any member can ask admin/mods to unsubscribe from the website through Private message or even through such a thread.
Meanwhile let us work out if such an option already exists in present script to a common user or can there be any mod which could be applied for this effect.

Return to “Forum Improvement”