OUT OF PLACE

Off-Topic & Non-Gardening chat goes in here, a friendly hangout area.

Moderator: Izhar

Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: OUT OF PLACE

Post by Tahir Khan »

Hahahaha i don't know if the situation may lead to a total lock down, but it is necessary to stop the root cause of the problem :D
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Let me clarify.
I initiated this subsection of course with an aim that non-gardening talks, people knowing each other and expressing themselves regarding various issues that touch their lives or things they would like to share with fellow members....and there are so many other aspects as well. We need to explore the gardener(or in other words express ourselves) also, there are so many dimensions to one's personality which ofcourse other members would love to know. Chit chat, greeting and so on. Therefore being an initiator, it can not be claimed by anyone else that we as a team do not agree to all mentioned above.

But........there is another side to the aspect. Our senior most member has raised a point. Now remember we many a times say that we are like a family. There used to a time when this forum had few members such as Khabbab, Mirafzal, Sir Arif, Izhar, Umar Khan and few others. They have seen this forum through hard times and brought it to the place where it is.....Sir Arif's point of view might have been a little stern, but its something to ponder upon why he is feeling so.........Meanwhile we as a team were thinking on the issue, heated discussion started. We need to know Sir Arif's point of view which is ofcourse of high importance to us, as he is the fatherly figure of the forum.

When Sir Arif raised this point, actually i should have be offended as i am the initiator of the subsection...but this ain't the case and never will be. Even if i am cent percent right, i can not disregard Sir Arif's comments when we talk in general. I will have to, and all others should also respect senior's point of view. If one member disagrees, we can debate/poll but stayin within the norms.

Maybe Khabbab seemed little harsh in his action but before that he has tried couple of times to diffuse the situation. Every member does not know what all posts were posted and which were moderated. His action of locking the forum was to avoid any conflict...and as people cool down, topic is opened again.

While this is an open forum and ofcourse there has never been any sort of restrictions, apprehensions etc from the team's side but discipline is of utmost importance. We reserve the right to moderate the forum as deemed necessary, and this moderation is for public good/members-forum's benefit. No personal gains for us.

It is better to let go......sometimes.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

“Read it with sorrow and you will feel hate.
Read it with anger and you will feel vengeful.
Read it with paranoia and you will feel confusion.
Read it with empathy and you will feel compassion.
Read it with love and you will feel flattery.
Read it with hope and you will feel positive.
Read it with humor and you will feel joy.
Read it with Hazur pak and you will feel the truth.
Read it without bias and you will feel peace.
Don't read it at all and you will not feel a thing.”

Its important to keep the non gardening section and Mikhuram as an active member. His posts are a valued contribution to the forum.

I can understand how the bees conversation was getting totally off topic with important information deserving a thread of its own merit.

Regards
Ifzal
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

MY, MY, MY, the subject has generated a lively discussion I am happy that there is still some fire under the envelope of modesty.
Only 17 members have responded with 34 posts, now that is disappointing I expected many more to jump in.
Seeing it in the light of my suggestions what I am trying to say is that perhaps the time has come when instead of a forum it should be made a Web Site with many Forums.
There is no reason to take offence or walk out, the sportsman spirit demands that you stay in the field and fight till the end of the game.
Love and Regards
Arif
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Muhammad Arif Khan » November 1st, 2013, 8:09 pm
MY, MY, MY, the subject has generated a lively discussion I am happy that there is still some fire under the envelope of modesty.
Only 17 members have responded with 34 posts, now that is disappointing I expected many more to jump in.
Seeing it in the light of my suggestions what I am trying to say is that perhaps the time has come when instead of a forum it should be made a Web Site with many Forums.
There is no reason to take offence or walk out, the sportsman spirit demands that you stay in the field and fight till the end of the game.
Love and Regards
Arif
Sir, very nicely said. I second your proposal. We look forward to seeking your guidance as always.

Regards
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

I thought that the storm had abated :-). I think creating a poll would be much easier because it will be emotion free and shy readers would be able to participate as well. Regards.
Teacup (548x640).jpg
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

So..The fire still burns..Oh well let it burn till ashes :ugeek:
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Dears,

Normally i visit this forum daily (half an hour) by clicking "ACTIVE TOPICS"; here if i found out majority of dicussion off-topic how could i quench the thrust of discussing gardening ?

this forum represents Pakistan, let's be professional , think from an outsider perspective , mostly people coming to this forms by search through Google, if he finds whatever he needs he will stay and come back again and again, if he observe irrelevant talks and discussions , he get an impression the forum is not serious, i will ask again if we have social forums available why do we need such discussion here, even i emphasis we should use correct scientific languages and to the point clarity in talks so as to show the world we are expert gardeners. Many of the my friends here are also added in my social network thourgh other forums and i share with them the non-gardening talk. That should be the right approach. I also request the admin to delete this thread once this issue get resolved.

I apologize if i hurt someone feelings but i totally agrees with Brig. ARIF. , the purpose is gardening and it should be gardening.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

Syed Adnan wrote:Dears,

Normally i visit this forum daily (half an hour) by clicking "ACTIVE TOPICS"; here if i found out majority of dicussion off-topic how could i quench the thrust of discussing gardening ?

this forum represents Pakistan, let's be professional , think from an outsider perspective , mostly people coming to this forms by search through Google, if he finds whatever he needs he will stay and come back again and again, if he observe irrelevant talks and discussions , he get an impression the forum is not serious, i will ask again if we have social forums available why do we need such discussion here, even i emphasis we should use correct scientific languages and to the point clarity in talks so as to show the world we are expert gardeners. Many of the my friends here are also added in my social network thourgh other forums and i share with them the non-gardening talk. That should be the right approach. I also request the admin to delete this thread once this issue get resolved.

I apologize if i hurt someone feelings but i totally agrees with Brig. ARIF. , the purpose is gardening and it should be gardening.
i am fully agreed with your point ....
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Syed Adnan wrote:Dears,

With all due respect I disagree and feel that this forum has been described as a family and as such to have a section where your other hobbies and interests can be discussed gives a perspective from real life. Member's don't have to read those entries and if there is no interest then eventually the sections will fade away.

Where I live, my home, my garden, my work, my hobbies even my family all create a profile about me and enable you as a member to relate and interact with me on a more human level. that is whats so nice about this forum, lets not spoil it please

Return to “Non Gardening Talk”