Tribute to gr8 Gardeners of GP

Off-Topic & Non-Gardening chat goes in here, a friendly hangout area.

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Tribute to gr8 Gardeners of GP

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

AOA....

I am not a regular poster but a daily viewer of Pakistan Gardening forum and have learned a lot from some gr8 gardeners around here. I have noticed slight changes in the mood of the forum these days with new members which made me realize that i and all others who concur with me should pay tribute to these learned, humble and very helping gardeners of Pakistan Gardening forum.

Likes of Khabbab, the forum founder, Izhar, Sir Arif and Sir Aykhan, MirAfzal and Umer Sahab and so many others for they are so learned yet so helpful and humble which you must have noticed in their posts.That is what makes this forum our very own.

kindly post your Vote of thanks here.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Tribute to gr8 Gardeners of GP

Post by M Farooq »

farhan137 wrote:AOA....
I have noticed slight changes in the mood of the forum these days with new members which made me realize that i and all others who concur with me should pay tribute to these learned, humble and very helping gardeners of Pakistan Gardening forum. Likes of Khabbab, the forum founder, Izhar, Sir Arif and Sir Aykhan, MirAfzal and Umer Sahab and so many others for they are so learned yet so helpful and humble which you must have noticed in their posts.That is what makes this forum our very own.

kindly post your Vote of thanks here.
Yes, the forum team rightly needs a compliment for their hard work esp. Khabbab for initiating the idea.

Main akela hi chala tah janib e manzil magar,
Log aate gaye aur kaarwaa.n banta gaya

More importantly, the donors have put an extra effort by giving money and time in bringing this forum to the public. I wish more people come forward and participate in discussions as well. One tiny objection to your post why not "Sir" for the civilian contributors :-(

You noted changes...the reason for mood changes was highlighted in a light poem by Zameer Jafri.

Mujh se mat kar yaar kuch guftaar, mein roze se hun
ho na jai tujh se bhee takraar, mein roze se hun

ai meri biwi, mere raste se kuch katra ke chal
ai mere bachon zara hoshiar, mein roze se hun

shaam ko bahre-ziarat aa toh sakta nahin, magar
note karlen, dost, rishtedar, mein roze se hun

Best wishes,

Farooq
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

@ Farooq .......Very nicely said...I agree in Ramadan people tend to be irky ..however i relate it to some new induction....

About "Sir" thing it not related to Civilian/non Civilian......Its because they are senior people.....For others i believe Khabbab and Izhar are of my age so "Brothers in Arms " :-)..........I am not sure about Aykhan so its preferable to pay respect.....About Sir Arif ....as i am a soldier myself we never address our seniors without respect no matter what. That's what our institution is all about.

BTW so naive of me not to mention your great contributions.....Apologies...
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Thanks for your words but I'am just a virtual gardener now far flung from my own garden which I left few years ago for studies :-(.Most of my tropical and expensive plants are dead, I am told. I was joking for the "sir" issue (bit familiar with your norms).
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Hahaha....Thanks for the show of respect but I'm 39 and hopefully not that old :D Also my gardening experience is just over a year and a half so still trying to grasp the basics. I feel lucky to have this forum where there are so many people proactive in actually answering your questions patiently. I'm certain this forum will grow, there can be no two thought about this. Just give it time and it'll be Pakistan's Dave's Garden or something similar inshallah.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I am 80,Perhaps the eldest member, I will not mind if you call me Arif or Grand Pa. When I address you by your first name, I mean no disrespect to you, it is the grand pa in me expressing intimacy. Again at times I am a little harsh especialy to those who believe in TAQLEED. people with locked minds distress me the most.

Wishing a very happy Eid to all. PLEASE LEARN TO LAUGH ALLOUD.RABB rakha
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

@ SIr Arif.....Sir agree to you cent percent about not being orthodox/conventional............But that is possible only for seasoned gardeners as yourself.......For us long way to go
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Farhan very rightly said and a good post ....
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

How about introducing a mini 'profile' thng for all the members which would have their pic, profession, age and particular feild of interest in gardening. I knw there is already an introduction section but one can not go to that thread looking for some member's info provided that there are hundreds of members now and just a handful are active.

Return to “Non Gardening Talk”