OUT OF PLACE

Off-Topic & Non-Gardening chat goes in here, a friendly hangout area.

Moderator: Izhar

M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: OUT OF PLACE

Post by M Farooq »

Munir wrote:Most of the active senior members have spoken,both passionately & dispassionately;others may also be in the process. A lovely feeling of comradeship.Let us all continue our march in the Gardening way & keep helping/supporting Khubbab & Team to keep this Forum growing.
Hellow Mirkhurram,now please come up & say hello to everyone.
May Allah bless all & this Forum!

Well said Munir sb. Nobody else could summarize it better. Khurram sb will join us soon as I announced few minutes ago :-)
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Munir wrote:Though Mikhurram has justified reasons to be unhappy
Alright, please share those reasons for understanding of others. So it can be avoided in future.
Munir wrote:@ Khubbab, presently the Non-Gardening Section is an open-ended facility,which I feel should stay on, unless there is any capacity constraint. Only objectionable material & contovertional subjects may not be allowed, for which a 'Caution' may be added on the opening page.Moreover,the tool of closing the topic may be used a little more discreetly.
Nobody said that we are closing this section. I already mentioned about reasons for locking the topic.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Come on Khabbab, hasn't enough been said already? Let us now show restraint.I am out of it,any further.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Kaleem wrote:I am fully agreed with Munir sahib and KBW , if there is an option for the members to post Non Gradening material in Gardeningpakistan then why those members are criticized?
I am afraid you cannot stop someone from criticizing on this forum, if it is in gentle words and positive. After all this post of yours is full of criticism but it is still there because it is not offensive. If you have the right to criticize so does the other. Agar me naraz ho jaon aap ki is post par aur kahun key i am hurt and i will never come to this forum then? :)

Kaleem wrote: And why their topics are locked? Its 2nd time Mr Imran Khurram's thread is locked. Is there some kind of obscene material or he has written against this site or hit members personally? Not and will never , he is a loving personality and always respect others.
I am member of two International gardening websites
I mentioned the reasons for locking earlier.
Kaleem wrote: http://allthingsplants.com/
http://davesgarden.com/

But have never seen any thread locked by the admin
Please do not give examples of foreign forums. We have not yet reached that maturity level. Take example of a pakistani forum check this closed thread on pakwheels http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/non-whe ... s-shocking there are many other locked topics on pakwheels with various reasons.
Lahore gardening blog
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

let us close this topic here. And request MiKhurram sb. to come back. Raat gae baat gae.
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

We have not yet reached that maturity level
It means Imran sahib did a childish act?
How can we achieve this required maturity level?

Please don't try to apply Marshal law rules here...... :D
Its a gardening forum and I believe the person who loves plants, loves human and we should show our tolerance not only here but in every department.
Please unlock the threads.
Why did I become the member of this website? Because I want to promote my national gardening website and want to see this on the top but.........
If a member post some unrelated material, you can convey him through PMs. Blocking of threads like Pakwheels.com create a image that all Pakistani websites are running with the same master mind. So please try to understand us.
Kaleem
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

Kaleem wrote:
We have not yet reached that maturity level
It means Imran sahib did a childish act?
How can we achieve this required maturity level?

Please don't try to apply Marshal law rules here...... :D
Its a gardening forum and I believe the person who loves plants, loves human and we should show our tolerance not only here but in every department.
Please unlock the threads.
Why did I become the member of this website? Because I want to promote my national gardening website and want to see this on the top but.........
If a member post some unrelated material, you can convey him through PMs. Blocking of threads like Pakwheels.com create a image that all Pakistani websites are running with the same master mind. So please try to understand us.
If it be marshal law rules here, your post would not be published ;)

Who said that any member has posted unrelated material?

When i talked about maturity level that was about heated discussion on this topic, and not meant for imran khurram. Imran's act is not childish but it was not required because nobody asked him that "mikhurram please stop posting these topics in non-gardening section", did someone? Nobody said that his post was irrelevant apart from suggestion of Brig Arif. And you guys are so agitated over the locked topic.

I personally find the bees topic interesting though.
Lahore gardening blog
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

OMG ... we are making an issue on such a small thing... where is the tolerance?? please i humbly request everyone to not to further reply on this topic... we are the gardeners our hobby teaches us to be humble down-to-earth and tolerant...

Let us focus on only gardening right now... please.. its a request...
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

I second Izhar bhai, what's the point of fighting.....we are here for a PURPOSE

To connect to people who love and enjoy gardening..if someone posts anything off topic in the relevant section..it's not a big problem...Just ignore if you are not interested... Close the topic 'OUT OF PLACE' please Moderators :|
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

For heaven's sake Tahir, i hope you aren't proposing that this thread should also be locked. We may get trapped inside. :) We have enough locks already and have lost the key to a previous lock :)
Last edited by mikhurram on October 31st, 2013, 6:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Non Gardening Talk”