OUT OF PLACE

Off-Topic & Non-Gardening chat goes in here, a friendly hangout area.

Moderator: Izhar

Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Re: OUT OF PLACE

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:Come on Guys, who has time to do anything other than preparing for spring at the moment. My back is hell bent...not to mention wheat season starting as well.
Lets get our hands dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyy......:P
bravo... :D :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

khabbab wrote:I completely agree to farhan. Lets keep the differences aside and focus on gardening. After all nobody did any offense to any one. It is just expression of views and no strict words so far. Let's portray a positive image to millions of users visiting this forum from all around the world. Our forum is probably the most active forum on gardening on an international level :)
Thats the great spirit. Lets join hands to move a step ahead gardeningpakistan with tolerance. Forget the past and avail present/gift to make our garden more colorful and attractive.
Would request mikhurram to reconsider and join us again please.
Rafique
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Feeling Abandoned :|
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

khabbab wrote: Lets keep the differences aside and focus on gardening. After all nobody did any offense to any one. It is just expression of views and no strict words so far. Let's portray a positive image to millions of users visiting this forum from all around the world. Our forum is probably the most active forum on gardening on an international level :)
Sir, we all want to see Gardening Pakistan reaching the heights of glory that you have mentioned above. However, this will require an environment of mutual respect, tolerance and knowledge sharing. Locking of threads won't help much IMHO.

I hope Khurram sahib joins back. I really used to enjoy his educative posts.

Best regards
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

A very unfortunate & painful situation.Instead of prolonging the discussion/squabble,I ll simply agree with KBW & others.Though Mikhurram has justified reasons to be unhappy,yet I am sure he ll respect the feelings/desire of his friends in the Forum & continue actively to make his very useful contributions.I consider him to be an asset for the Forum & can't think of loosing him.

@ Khubbab, presently the Non-Gardening Section is an open-ended facility,which I feel should stay on, unless there is any capacity constraint. Only objectionable material & contovertional subjects may not be allowed, for which a 'Caution' may be added on the opening page.Moreover,the tool of closing the topic may be used a little more discreetly.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Khurram sb would re-join soon. And please forget all such things---as if nothing ever happened. The scope of non-gardening talk should be well defined before implicating anyone for the breach of rules. As long as the scope does not exist, everyone is innocent. Topic locking can be used when there is a fear of severe controversy.

It is a tiny community of educated and diverse Pakistanis who share a common interest i.e. PLANTS...and this interest is powerful enough to unite everyone regardless of their diverse views.
Last edited by M Farooq on October 31st, 2013, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaleem
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

I am fully agreed with Munir sahib and KBW , if there is an option for the members to post Non Gradening material in Gardeningpakistan then why those members are criticized? And why their topics are locked? Its 2nd time Mr Imran Khurram's thread is locked. Is there some kind of obscene material or he has written against this site or hit members personally? Not and will never , he is a loving personality and always respect others.
I am member of two International gardening websites

http://allthingsplants.com/
http://davesgarden.com/

But have never seen any thread locked by the admin, if any member post some thing wrong that is deleted immediately without any notice.
But there are more than hundred forums which don't relate with gardening such as

1-Recipes
2-Electronics
3-Needle Arts
4-Scrapbooking and Paper Crafts
5-Sewing and Quilting
6-Prayer Requests
7-Kitchens
8-Appliances
9-Crafts and Decorating
10-Soap and Candle-making
11-Computer Talk
12-Books, Movies, and TV
13-Mosaics and Stained Glass
14-Retirees
15-Woodworking
16-Antiques and Collectibles

Above are a few examples of Non Gardening forums from "DAVESGARDEN". Its my honor to be a part of Davesgarden and same is from them for me.
So please attract new members with more material and develop a positive interest in the members for gardening and other hobbies.
I hope Imran Khurram sb will join us again.
Kaleem
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

. Most of the active senior members have spoken,both passionately & dispassionately;others may also be in the process. A lovely feeling of comradeship.Let us all continue our march in the Gardening way & keep helping/supporting Khubbab & Team to keep this Forum growing.

. Hello Mikhurram,now please come up & say hello to everyone.

. May Allah bless all & this Forum!
Last edited by Munir on October 31st, 2013, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

KBW wrote:
khabbab wrote: Lets keep the differences aside and focus on gardening. After all nobody did any offense to any one. It is just expression of views and no strict words so far. Let's portray a positive image to millions of users visiting this forum from all around the world. Our forum is probably the most active forum on gardening on an international level :)
Sir, we all want to see Gardening Pakistan reaching the heights of glory that you have mentioned above. However, this will require an environment of mutual respect, tolerance and knowledge sharing
I think time has come to point to that post which violates the respect, tolerance, knowledge sharing. I am finding it difficult to find that post which you are pointing to.
KBW wrote:Locking of threads won't help much IMHO
Think from the perspective of a new user. Someone not from pakistan. They will say "These pakees are always quarreling, they never have the unity not even on the gentlest topic like gardening". What impression the heated fight will portray? I have urged many times, that if you have an issue, please send a message to admins and may CC to other 15 members, no problem. Did mikhurram or anyone from you bothered to send a PM to admin? Washing our pampers in the middle of street is what made me lock the topic.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Thank your for the kind wishes. I am particular debited to the members for thier support in particular Farooq and KBW sahib's reasoning that we need to work and colloborate together.

Just wanted to share with the members that I have some apprehensions regarding the discretionary use of the locking of a thread in particular the case of locking "Fiery Brazilians Bees's". i am a bit baffled as to what may resulted in the locking of such a harmless thread.

In my opinion a thread should be locked only if it contains profanity, creates controversy or spreads hate messages and i propose that it at best should be left to moderators who after consultation with the senior members can decide whether a particular message needs to be locked based on this criteria.

I do not have any objections if the majority members feel that this particular thread about the Brazilian Bee's should remain locked.

KBW Sahib's has raised a very valid point that locking a thread doesn't auger well for the forum in the long run.

Any suggesions, comments or thoughts?

regards,

Return to “Non Gardening Talk”