Chrysanthemum and Autumn Flower Show 2012 Rawalpindi

Information on various Gardening Events & Showcases

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Chrysanthemum and Autumn Flower Show 2012 Rawalpindi

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Today i visited Chrysanthemum and Autumn flower show at Rawalpindi( Arid Agriculture University). I had plans to meet other members but we actually devised no way for getting together so i had no way of knowing the People i know.(which calls for a method of getting together next time). The show was basically a Mums displays and other plants were scarce. I think more could have been there as fall offers much, even dahlias were rare.

Some other attractions included very nice exotic Birds display(i will be sharing the pics in the separate post), Ikebana(flower arrangements) and couple of other horticulture stalls like that of dried plant specimen from National Herbarium. Ikebana was a complete failure for me and i think more ingenuity can be put into it. Moreover gardening for us is mostly plants but around the globe its part of landscaping as in nature. It was nice to see some good landscaping displays as well.

What caught my attention most was the University itself. I don't know what is the level of studies and researches going on there but just by looking at the huge structure/departments and immense number of student was heartening that so many are putting so much effort into agriculture, horticulture and other related fields. I hope its not mere theory but practical education.

I am sharing some glimpses for the consumption of house. No doubt Mums have no match when it comes to flower power, diversity and variety of cultivars and even the beauty of the flower. But what bothers me is, its short blooming period. Blooming not more than fortnight and then resting for the entire next year.

Or am i wrong in a way that this short burst makes up for the entire year? Views please........

qaiser
City: Karachi

Re: Chrysanthemum and Autumn Flower Show 2012 Rawalpindi

Post by qaiser »

Pics are beautiful, i wish to join these kind of shows
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

THANK YOU for taking me to the show.
22 years ago I was crazy about them. The madness lasted only for a few years, now I am much wiser.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Beautiful Pics
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Thanks for sharing, so beautiful. I've never tried them though.

Return to “Flower Shows, Visits & Gardening Events/Showcases”