Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: Dubai Miracle Garden

Post by Hamad »

Got it...i would restrict to lovely, fantastic, exotic etc next time ;-)
thanks much appreciated :)

I have a trailing petunia and its the only I came across in Pak and I will send its seeds to Tahir to share it with the members but if any other member has any of the trailing petunia do share please.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Hamad wrote:
jdashraf wrote:I tend to agree with Farhan .. My single supporting argument is that "Would you like to keep this arrangement forever?" ... The answer is obviously NO .. Because it lacks natural layout and the beauty therein .. There is too much of artificiality in it which can not survive for longer in terms of good and soothing on your eyes ..
It may be good for one odd visit but you may not like to visit it again and again...in my humble opinion ..
I respect your humble opinion but for how long do you keep an arrangement in your conventional garden, in every garden the arrangement get changed from one season to other.
Hamad
Thx for respecting my humble opinion ...:) ..In conventional garden changes are usually restricted to changes in seasonal flowers, layout usually remains the same, with minor changes, may be 10-20%.. Since seniors have already concluded this discussion ,, i would also finish this discussion by saying .....Seniors are Always Right .... ....:)
Javed Ashraf.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Thx for respecting my humble opinion ...:) ..In conventional garden changes are usually restricted to changes in seasonal flowers, layout usually remains the same, with minor changes, may be 10-20%.. Since seniors have already concluded this discussion ,, i would also finish this discussion by saying .....Seniors are Always Right .... ....:)
I thought not to present my views any further on the subject, but i guess i will have to for once.

I would take a little different path. My opinion

1). In preferences and choices there are no rights and wrongs. :-). Hamad is very right in his own way as he has narrated in detail.

2). We all are juniors and learning. Maybe only senior, who has spoken here,Sir Arif........ has some wisdom behind which he will shed light upon i am sure.

3). Sometimes students teach, teachers the lesson, greater than life. :-)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

2). We all are juniors and learning. Maybe only senior, who has spoken here,Sir Arif........ has some wisdom behind which he will shed light upon i am sure.
Thank you Farhan,
To me it is not a garden, it is RANGOOLI of colours commonly seen in Indian dramas created by the lady of the house only on a bigger scale.
My views are clear in my post A GARDEN, reproduced below.

Miss Z has a small indoor plant at her desk which gets light from a small lamp, is watered and sprayed to keep the leaves shining, she even at times talks to it. WHY? What pleasure she gets, is it the mother instinct.

A member is delighted to see fruit on his container grown veg. plants
He can buy the fruit but cannot buy the pleasure he is getting.

Is a garden a training school where you learn one sided love, husbandry, patience, to take your losses, and the sweet reward of your toil?

Is it your work of art, reflection of your Personality, your inner self? a living creation/projection of yourself with a hidden desire of appreciation and acknowledgment of your achievements?

A garden is full of life, you are not the only visitor, there are resident and visitor, regular visitors and seasonal visitors, it has the sound of music. The local canaries start their song while it is still dark, they are the best singers, followed by Bulbals, doves and soon the other birds join them including my caged parrots. The buz of insects collecting necter and pollen, the sound of wind Whistling through the leaves.

Garden is promised in paradise and we try to create a replica according to our own imagination, spending some time there relaxes us and gives us the tranquillity we are looking for.

A RANGOOLI of colours that is all it is.
Arif
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Thankyou Sir
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:2). We all are juniors and learning. Maybe only senior, who has spoken here,Sir Arif........ has some wisdom behind which he will shed light upon i am sure.
Thank you Farhan,
To me it is not a garden, it is RANGOOLI of colours commonly seen in Indian dramas created by the lady of the house only on a bigger scale.
My views are clear in my post A GARDEN, reproduced below.

Miss Z has a small indoor plant at her desk which gets light from a small lamp, is watered and sprayed to keep the leaves shining, she even at times talks to it. WHY? What pleasure she gets, is it the mother instinct.

A member is delighted to see fruit on his container grown veg. plants
He can buy the fruit but cannot buy the pleasure he is getting.

Is a garden a training school where you learn one sided love, husbandry, patience, to take your losses, and the sweet reward of your toil?

Is it your work of art, reflection of your Personality, your inner self? a living creation/projection of yourself with a hidden desire of appreciation and acknowledgment of your achievements?

A garden is full of life, you are not the only visitor, there are resident and visitor, regular visitors and seasonal visitors, it has the sound of music. The local canaries start their song while it is still dark, they are the best singers, followed by Bulbals, doves and soon the other birds join them including my caged parrots. The buz of insects collecting necter and pollen, the sound of wind Whistling through the leaves.

Garden is promised in paradise and we try to create a replica according to our own imagination, spending some time there relaxes us and gives us the tranquillity we are looking for.

A RANGOOLI of colours that is all it is.
Arif
Sir, there could not be better conclusion to the subject than this one..
Javed Ashraf.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Here we go again, thanks for inviting me.
Jdashraf
Thx for respecting my humble opinion ... ..In conventional garden changes are usually restricted to changes in seasonal flowers, layout usually remains the same, with minor changes, may be 10-20%..
actually what you are trying to do is to compare a small garden with a mega garden that’s why you can’t get satisfied, and the layout or arrangement is more or less the same thing, plants get changed and colours but the arrangement of beds remain the same but in some cases the arrangement also get changed but in both the cases if you compare your own garden with a mega garden it happen the same way you change your plants according to season or change the arrangement (plant beds) for a change and the same happen at a bigger scale
Since seniors have already concluded this discussion ,, i would also finish this discussion by saying .....Seniors are Always Right .... ....
Your conclusion gave us another start :) ;) ;)
Farhan137 I thought not to present my views any further on the subject, but i guess i will have to for once.
I would take a little different path. My opinion
1). In preferences and choices there are no rights and wrongs. . Hamad is very right in his own way as he has narrated in detail.
right indeed then there is no point of having this healthy discussion :) :D again you are accepting a fact but ironically you deny your own words every time later in the post. Without being sarcastic or offensive put it this way you want to say this is A but I it’s not an A but in actual it’s A, its the alphabet with witch English starts and its A but yes it is an A. it’s so hilarious I’m really enjoying it :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

With million times due respect sir
Arif sb To me it is not a garden, it is RANGOOLI of colours commonly seen in Indian dramas created by the lady of the house only on a bigger scale.
Seems to be you really watch Indian dramas :) :D

By saying that we are unjust with the people and their effort, money and time they spent to create this beautiful piece of art
Yes it is a RANGOOLI but not of that small scale made just by colours but it has been done by flowers itself and that is the natural way of filling colours on earth

again it all depend upon the eye you are watching from, same as to some green grass could be a garden where they can sit, relax and enjoy but for some it’s a playground to play, run and make noise for fun.

I don't know why but it seems to I have said somewhere in the post that it’s a perfect garden I went through all the post many times but couldn't find anything written by me like PERFECT GARDEN ;) , but I don't know why with these posts I’m getting an impression that I may be supporting/defending this garden as a perfect garden :) but anyways what is a perfect? to me nothing.

take an example of a perfect/ideal life where it sounds like husband and wife having two children a boy and a girl, having a good job living in a nice two or three bed room house with a GARDEN but what if a person like to live in a mention house would we say no its not perfect because he is living in a big house because there is nothing like perfect in it, we are gardeners and we can’t define a strict line between what is a garden and what is not, even people have a terrace and roof top gardens shall we consider it to be not a garden, how can we be so rigid in defining a garden, gardeners are nature lovers, closer to nature and humble and so are we. However I’m not here to define a garden :)

a garden could be of any shape and type, just like there is no hard and fast rule to define a house, house could be an adobe, terrace house, open plan, conventional, bungalow, cottage, or a flat we can’t rule out a house because of its style, it can have a sliding doors in it or has a French window made by wood, aluminium or iron.

I think we are cooking in an empty pot witch will not fill the appetite for what we are here for :)
The purpose of my post was just to show a different type of garden and that’s it.
I posted this link just to let you guys have a look into it and enjoy but I didn't know it will be a piece of cake and we will start enjoying it so much :) :D :D

Thank you for having me again ;)
again I think eventually we will drift but I just want to maintain the softer image of this forum because its online and at a international level :)
I hope we should all agree on it :)

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

oh very fine conclusion at last.hammad bhai i think you are trying to close the topic but in vain.hahahahah :lol: :lol: . i am agree with you it is a garden in which showy flowers like petunias are used for a colorful theme.infact in this garden they are in their peak performance which people like us try hard to achieve. :x so to conclude i can say that it is game of money. they(arabi) have plenty of money so they can manage such gardens which are temporary .it is easy job for them to create a show of flowers and entirely change it for next season.every one of us is correct in his views but we are enjoying healthy discussion and views of respected brig sb and farhan sb on types of gardens..so continue :P
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The Arabs are wise people, they don't have locked minds, they will grab at any new idea and try it at least once. Money is just Numbers for them in Banks not in their control, this exercise is part of their tourist attraction campaign.
A VERY GOOD FLOWER SHOW
Let us see what they present in October.
suffi
City: Haripur
Gardening Interests: kitchen gardenign , landscaping, medicinal plants reading and cultivation,

Post by suffi »

in pakistan also have some beautiful gardens,

Return to “Flower Shows, Visits & Gardening Events/Showcases”