Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: Dubai Miracle Garden

Post by Hamad »

farhan137 wrote:
Hamad wrote: it gives an idea that flowers can be arranged in this way too and at such a scale
Hamad
You have summed it up nicely........its not a garden, its an arrangement :-)
yes
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Its constructive discussion not an argument, i hope you understand......i am not negating you in any means nor denying the beauty of this outclass, almost out of the world and fairy like arrangement that they have done in Dubai.....i am just challenging the idea, my own idea what gardens are...............

Flowers shows are ought to be best gardens then :-)?

The basic requirement of the garden is that it evolves....from birth to demise through changing seasons.

That is why now at Chelsea flower show they showcase gardens also other than arrangements......These gardens are made on spot at locations of exhibition.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

Its constructive discussion not an argument, i hope you understand......i am not negating you in any means nor denying the beauty of this outclass, almost out of the world and fairy like arrangement that they have done in Dubai.....i am just challenging the idea, my own idea what gardens are...............
I like the Idea :) , but beauty lie in the eyes and everyone has their own parameter to define it. For me white colour may be attractive for you it could be red same is the case for the rest of the stuff.
You have summed it up nicely........it’s not a garden, it’s an arrangement :-)
Flowers shows are ought to be best gardens then :-)?
flowers are meant to be in garden and yes they are in the garden, what is the definition of a garden where you have green grass and yes it has, it should has some flowers and yes it has so what else is left there once Arif sb said a nice line EVERY ONE HAS EYES BUT FEW CAN SEE again it all depend on person to person, for me it works but I also like conventional style gardens but the only difference is it’s an unconventional style garden only to portray the beauty and colour of flowers
but I can’t deny the effort they put to develop that garden and flower show, and I respect your point of view but instead of having the debate either its a flower arrangement or a garden just enjoy the feel, Chelsea garden is not developed In months or years they took decades to develop to this stage and the landscape of UK is altogether different from Dubai, they tried to create an Oasis and I haven't created either of them so I don't mind praising both, because both has their own feel and being members of a nice online gardening community we should keep on moving instead of getting stuck on one point I hope you will agree with me :) ;) .

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

I tend to agree with Farhan .. My single supporting argument is that "Would you like to keep this arrangement forever?" ... The answer is obviously NO .. Because it lacks natural layout and the beauty therein .. There is too much of artificiality in it which can not survive for longer in terms of good and soothing on your eyes ..
It may be good for one odd visit but you may not like to visit it again and again...in my humble opinion ..
Javed Ashraf.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

jdashraf wrote:I tend to agree with Farhan .. My single supporting argument is that "Would you like to keep this arrangement forever?" ... The answer is obviously NO .. Because it lacks natural layout and the beauty therein .. There is too much of artificiality in it which can not survive for longer in terms of good and soothing on your eyes ..
It may be good for one odd visit but you may not like to visit it again and again...in my humble opinion ..
I respect your humble opinion but for how long do you keep an arrangement in your conventional garden, in every garden the arrangement get changed from one season to other.
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Hard to believe that such an oasis exist in the middle of the burning sands..... Stunning!!! :shock:
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Lovely......i have nothing much to say, but you see how an argument initiates a debate which reveals so many point of views.

All of which are right in their own way.

Its Just my feeling that we should argue more on forum :-)...LOL
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

BTW i think most of these plants are Petunias.....is it so?
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

farhan137 wrote:Lovely......i have nothing much to say, but you see how an argument initiates a debate which reveals so many point of views

All of which are right in their own way.
finally :) thank you
Its Just my feeling that we should argue more on forum :-)...LOL
I don't mind but it’s all about maintaining a nice atmosphere and impression on the forum and sending a good message across to others ;) , because sometimes arguments get drifted into big issues and that's what I don't want :) :) :)

BTW i think most of these plants are Petunias.....is it so?
yes they are petunias, do you know any trailing petunia available in Pakistan??

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Hamad wrote:
I don't mind but it’s all about maintaining a nice atmosphere and impression on the forum and sending a good message across to others ;) , because sometimes arguments get drifted into big issues and that's what I don't want :) :) :)
Got it...i would restrict to lovely, fantastic, exotic etc next time ;-)

[/quote] yes they are petunias, do you know any trailing petunia available in Pakistan?? Hamad[/quote]

Nope

Return to “Flower Shows, Visits & Gardening Events/Showcases”