Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Gardens of Pakistan

Post by Hamad »

A suggestion from a greenhorn, I think there is a vital part missing from this forum and it’s the information about the Gardens in Pakistan, if we can have a section under the name of Gardens of Pakistan and all the members can contribute in that section according to their geographical location and to the best of their knowledge. Like I have read Khabbab sb inscribed some important information related to one of the garden in Lahore on a site related to international gardens (can’t remember the site name) and was great piece of information, we do have beautiful and historic gardens in Pakistan but no one know where are they and what is the history and what kind of plants they have, for an example we have two Gardens in Wah Cantt and I believe very few of you must be familiar with them, one is Wah Garden that was established by Mughals and second is Share Shah Garden and this was established by Share Shah Soory also known as Losar Bowali because it has a Bowali (old style source of water) in it, another garden that we have is located in Hassan-abdal that is where Anarkali tomb was built and being local I know a lot about these gardens and as they have historical feature they worth to be known and can be virtually visited.

We have beautiful gardens in Lahore I really would like to know about these gardens, I remember that I visited them when I was a child but still intrigued and would like to know their history and would like to visit them virtually with the help of this forum and members.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Gardens of Pakistan

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Gr8 Idea.......I suggest that

1) First of all we compile a complete list of all Gardens of Pakistan that we can think of.....(With members input)

2) Then members volunteer for each garden ( like if that garden is close to some member/He will be visiting or has visited).

3) Volunteer Members showcase these Gardens in their own way. Description and Photolog Both. Member may also take help from online resources.

In this way we will cover most Gardens....this will force members :-) to visit nearby Gardens and in turn we will learn about these Gardens.

Best showcasing of a Garden maybe awarded a Prize as well........So that members put in real effort to surpass others thereby excellence. Prize can be handsome through combine donation as this will require physical efforts of volunteering member.

If we have two volunteer for a Garden, we can have draws.

BTW i have selected my Garden Image
suffi
City: Haripur
Gardening Interests: kitchen gardenign , landscaping, medicinal plants reading and cultivation,

Post by suffi »

very good , great idea ,
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Hamad Sb this is you earlier thread......i agree to your suggestion. We can have section as suggested by you. However as i suggested above we need to have volunteer for this task. People need to come forward and agree to showcase gardens in their area.

We can give it a competition form even......Lets say 6-8 members who volunteer will showcase their coverage of a garden and best showcasing will earn a prize...we can have donations for a handsome prize......
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Good Idea Farhan InshAllah I will give my input

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Afira555
City: fsd
Gardening Interests: yes i have a small garden in my house

Post by Afira555 »

u share very good idea of gardening............
i ll definate try this

Return to “Flower Shows, Visits & Gardening Events/Showcases”