Visit to Brig. Arif

Information on various Gardening Events & Showcases

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Visit to Brig. Arif

Post by khabbab »

Visited Brig. Arif this saturday along with rafique. What a beautiful garden he has. And birds are even more pretty. Lots, lots of plants he is growing and growing very well. Bees, butterflies, birds, what else one can wish for. Lots of experimenting he is doing with plants, soil and nutrition.

He also suggested there should be a gardeners's meet up or a get together where participants would learn from each other's experiences, discuss ideas and share surplus plants and cuttings ;) Wonderful idea. I think monsoon is the best season for a start. October is also a good time for this activity. I would try to accumulate as many gardeners as possible. Hopefully it would benefit all.

So pity, i did not bring my camera with me and could not capture his super blooming plants, but will surely do so very soon. The rudbeckias, football lilies, crossandra, zinnias all were blooming their heart out. And guess what his wisteria still had some blooms :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
UMAR KHAN

Re: Visit to Brig. Arif

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa Khabbab i can imagine how beautiful garden birgd sb own.from the picture we can guss.i love to c his garden even in the pic.Brigd sb is very keen & experinced gardener brother.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

I wish I was there as well.
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

It was my pleasure to accompany khabbab to visit the brig sb's gardern. what a wonderful garden it was. he is doing really hardwok
to find the new dimensions of gardening in our society. He shared alot of his experiences with soil(growing media) experiments.
Above all he not reluctant to share any secret/experience. It was a nice to see beatiful birds and commendable garden together.
Regards
Rafique
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

A visit by Waleed and later by Khabbab and Rafique was of great pleasure to me. I have a few very knowledgeable gardener friends of older age group. The interest in gardening in youngsters is what pleased me the most. The present day youth is getting away and away from nature and cannot perceive the natural beauty around them. My college principal Mr. R R Stewart used to say “everyone has eyes but only few can see”. Ask any youngster to name the plants growing around and don’t be surprised if he/she cannot.
Khabbab, Periodic get together will be of great mutual value in promotion of the cause and sharing of resources.
It would be my pleasure to host the first gathering.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

I was invited by Khabbab also but needed to take my son somewhere. Inshallah next time. I like the idea of a gardeners get together. People like me who have just started and struggle to find time will definitely benefit from the experience.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

I think I can pick some time out of my schedule.
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Post by mirafzalkhan »

I wish to get a chance to visit Lahore to see the garden of brig. sb. & learn from his experience and knowledge. Khabbab, Rafique & Waleed are lucky that they avail such an opportunity.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I am trying to create a real garden at ARCHIES Thokar Niazbaig Lahore. It will have flowering trees, shrubs,bushes and vines besides annuals to fill in the blanks. We can have our first get-together there when Khabbab arranges it.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Flowering Trees
Flowering Perrinials
Annuals
Flowering Vines all around
Bonsai Ficus
Bulbs

we can write down a list of plants under these categories.

Return to “Flower Shows, Visits & Gardening Events/Showcases”