Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan: President House of India

Information on various Gardening Events & Showcases

Moderator: Izhar

newton
City: jhelum

Re: Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan: President House of India

Post by newton »

mikhurram wrote:Sir personally i believe that the design of our PM House is ugly and hideous. Other gardens which may be in contention might be the Japanese Emperor's Garden or Thai King's official palace used for greeting dignitaries whose tree topiary is world class and makes an lasting impression. Unfortunately i don't have their photos.

Delhi's climate is similar to Lahore and tulips at best would flower for a week or two and behave like an annual.
Thank you for that information and to this post I will do some digging around for these it sounds very interesting and relevant to some of the topiary designs I want to achieve in my humble garden
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Re: Gardens of Rashtrapati Bhavan: President House of India

Post by mikhurram »

At the time of my visit to the Grand Palace located in down town Bangkok in autumn of 1991, the topiaries made a lasting impression. I remember recalling that the guide telling me that either these gardens were designed by a British gardener or were maintained by a British Gardener who stayed in Thailand for some time to impart teaching to the native staff. I was able to find some pictures of the Grand Place Gardens from the net shown below.

Creating topiaries is a a project which i have undertaken these days. Buxus and Ficus are most ideal for creating topiaries among our local plants. I have some material on creating topiaries which hopefully would be posted soon on either the "Knowledge Hub" section or the "Infographics" section.
Attachments
p1010853.jpg
bkk17.jpg
bkk17.jpg (42.98 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
row of topiaries.JPG
row of topiaries.JPG (44.83 KiB) Viewed 1699 times

Return to “Flower Shows, Visits & Gardening Events/Showcases”