Possibillity of Hot Weather Greenhouse

Articles related to climate and Weather Alerts!

Moderator: Izhar

rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Re: Possibillity of Hot Weather Greenhouse

Post by rafique »

farhan137 wrote:That is agreed that it is 2 or maybe three months....and there is no harm even in stopping the gardening activities fully in these months...BUT :-)

Lets say i have a costly, tropical, less heat resistant perennial which i have got with difficulty from abroad, etc etc.....That plant will die in few days in such a hot weather. For instance Jade Vine. Untill and unless we look for a way to rescue such plants in these two months, we can not attempt them.
For tropical conditions to create in hot summer.Contaianer plants can be placed in gorups. They not only provide the shades to each other rather their evaporations also provide enough humidity to create tropical like conditions.
Jade vine is a tropical and major threat is winter not the summer.
Min temp req 15-20C not know the exact max temp range for this plant.
shade in hot summer plus good humidity would be benefical for this. Can be achieved by the placement of plants closely and covering them.

Please note the images i uploaded if i am not wrong, how the nursery walla kept his plants? All are placed closely?Does he know the phenomeno of evopration and humidity? OR Experiences he is carrying from his ancestors?
All plant under shades are tropical and are in good conditions.
Humidity is maintained naturally by the evaporations in closely placed containers.

For tropocals this should work.

we have not to stop watering the plants daily in these hot months(One of mandatory activity not to stop).
Rafique
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Good stuff related to build green houses either for cooling and heatings............Detailed scientifically explained.

May we get some design out of it for our purpose.
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/hortcult/gr ... ilding.htm
Rafique
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

thankyou
Will experiment with your suggestion at some point of time. Presently i have nothing much :-)

But another thing...most plants these nursery men carry are hardy, have naturalized in our climate. Lets see how does out of the box plants behave in the suggested environment. Likes of columbines etc
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Jade vine is risky bussiness in our climate :lol: are there any other alternatives out there :!:

Talking about cooling what if a person would built a small water body like an artificial pond near a green house, because wherever there is a fountain like structure it is a lot cooler place even under burning sun..

Another thing that i noticed that a newly constructed building if we stand in front of it it feels like we are in front of an industrial sized chiller :) just because of the water soaked in that building .

Return to “Gardening & Weather”