importing bulbs!

Join us in Seed & bulb purchases from Abroad and Locally

Moderator: Izhar

zainab
City: lahore

importing bulbs!

Post by zainab »

i just want to know if someone in this community imports bulbs?
i was just wondeing because the bulbs being sold in the market are so costly and their profit margin is so high, so i was just thinking that if someone in this community who already imports bulbs from abroad, we can bulk import and then those who want to buy can buy,i.e shippig charges etc.
i mean we can just first record the no of bulbs collectively , import and then disribute and the ppl can pay.
how is that..
i want pplz feedback and of those too who already import bulbs
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: importing bulbs!

Post by Hamad »

not a bad idea but u need strong management for that, count me whenever you import something but let me know what u r planning to import so that I can tell u whether I’m interested or not

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

i purchased from e-bay, which cost me more than PAK market, ALSO MY CONCLUSION IS that bulbs available in PAK is far cheaper than European local markets.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Bulb is a very general term. If you elaborate which bulbs you are talking about then i may comment something. I do plan to buy some bulbs from Anglia bulbs UK in december to a UK address. If you want to join hands, welcome.

If you are talking about common amaryllis then it is expensive abroad(around 15$) and cheap here. The only attraction is importing those bulbs which are not available here like some beautiful glads or some south african bulbs etc. Remember, shipping cost is very high due to weight of bulbs. They also do not deliver to pakistan.

I would be happy if a combined purchase is possible from this platform.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
zainab

Post by zainab »

umm...
actually i was thinking that if someone from this forum already buys bulbs online.i dont have a credit card thats why i wont be able to buy from online market
i was just wondering that i bought 5 bulbs of iris for 150 rs, is it cheaper online or abroad, or it is cheaper in pakistan,
plz if someone can give some info in this matter
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

ZAINAB

Iris is expensive abroad and is cheaper in Pakistan just to give you an idea 5 rhizome/bulbs of Iris in UK is around 1500 pak rupee and furthermore it depend on the type of Iris because Iris got different types, and remember few bulbs are cheaper in Pakistan and few are cheaper from abroad it depend which bulb you are talking about if you buy a bulb from its native country then it’s cheap and if they are exotic then may be relatively same price as Pakistan

KHABBAB

Which bulb you are planning to import if you let me know then maybe I will join you

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

zainab wrote:umm...
actually i was thinking that if someone from this forum already buys bulbs online.i dont have a credit card thats why i wont be able to buy from online market
i was just wondering that i bought 5 bulbs of iris for 150 rs, is it cheaper online or abroad, or it is cheaper in pakistan,
plz if someone can give some info in this matter
I can offer you some more Iris if you want I got Conventional purple colour Iris if you are interested or even if any other member would like to have
PrOud tO BE Oo92
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Hamad
http://www.angliabulbs.com/index.php?season=summer They start the summer catalog in december. I intend to buy things like crocosmia, galtonia, Gloriosa lily, Nerines and hedychium ginger lilies. They should all do well in our summers.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
zainab

Post by zainab »

@hamad
thanks very much for the info bhai.
plz tell me at what price u are offering iris bulbs?
thanks

@khabab
i am a novice and starter in this field, i would buy but a small no,plus i would also like to know that whether the bulbs u are importing are easy to handle and plant and that what their prices are.
thanks very much

plz reply
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

ZAINAB

There is no price for my Iris I’m just offering it for free to all of my forum member gardeners as a good gesture/courtesy
as most of us are amateur gardeners

KHABBAB

I will join you for Nerine and Gloriosa but do let me know the cost on each including everything before you order them and also check this site for cheap tubers/bulbs
http://www.peternyssen.com/

Regards

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “Group Purchases”