Group Purchase from UK

Join us in Seed & bulb purchases from Abroad and Locally

Moderator: Izhar

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: Group Purchase from UK

Post by Munir »

Hamad, you are carrying out an important exercise to prepare data & other essential details of Tubers/ bulbous plants,suitable for growing in Pakistan.I was just thinking,if the bulb producing setups ie, Peter Nyssen Ltd,JParkers etc, could help us in this regard, if we provide them the relevant details of our weather & soil conditions. Such setups carry out a lot of research & experimentation, as such must be catering for various growing conditions for each type of bulb,seeds & other plants they produce & sell,of which they must be maintaining all information. They must also be regularly issuing handouts, prochures & bulletins for the benefit of customers/users. These setups would therefore, be too willing to provide the information you require now & later keep you on their circulation list for periodical issues.This aspect may be one of the considerations for our subsequent dealings with these setups.
Farhan, hope you agree with me.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.

Post by Munir »

Hamad, hope your Group Purchase is on schedule.
I was wondering why we did not consider Iris in this purchase, when so much good had been talked about it some months back,in this Forum? It did occur to me at a late stage of our consideration of this purchase order,but I did not raise it,so as not to cause any further delay. If it is timely,would it be possible to include it in the 2nd instalment you plan to send later?
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Munir wrote:Hamad, hope your Group Purchase is on schedule.
I was wondering why we did not consider Iris in this purchase, when so much good had been talked about it some months back,in this Forum? It did occur to me at a late stage of our consideration of this purchase order,but I did not raise it,so as not to cause any further delay. If it is timely,would it be possible to include it in the 2nd instalment you plan to send later?
Sir, Dutch Iris is commonly available in Pakistan in seed shops, the blooms are stunning and they are also fragrant (some cultivars) they do well if grown in complete or in semi shaded locations..They are best if grown as an annual, i am trying my last years saved Dutch Irises by chilling them prior to planting like daffodils. They are in the fridge since 1st August.. I will take them out in November as advised by Adnan sb, lets see how it goes :)

We can order them in the next group purchase, but since i am no expert on Dutch irises, we can still experiment on them until we find a solution on how to grow them successfully.
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

Fine, if they(Dutch Iris) are available locally.I ll hunt for them.
What are the recommended varieties out of those available? Any views of those in touch, please ?
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Hamad, you are carrying out an important exercise to prepare data & other essential details of Tubers/ bulbous plants,suitable for growing in Pakistan.I was just thinking,if the bulb producing setups ie, Peter Nyssen Ltd,JParkers etc, could help us in this regard, if we provide them the relevant details of our weather & soil conditions. Such setups carry out a lot of research & experimentation, as such must be catering for various growing conditions for each type of bulb,seeds & other plants they produce & sell,of which they must be maintaining all information. They must also be regularly issuing handouts, prochures & bulletins for the benefit of customers/users. These setups would therefore, be too willing to provide the information you require now & later keep you on their circulation list for periodical issues.This aspect may be one of the considerations for our subsequent dealings with these setups.
Munir sb I do read the information they usually provide but its always basic and limited (you can always read that on their web site with each item they offer), they don't publish their research work but I m consulting few Universities research papers that they publish and also consulting some trust worthy resources to compile my details for Tubers.

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

Fine,as long as you have that in mind. Must say,you r doing a great job.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Munir wrote:Fine,as long as you have that in mind. Must say,you r doing a great job.
and we can still try if they would be willing to help us, lets see if peter nyssen will come back with something

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “Group Purchases”