Summer Shots

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Summer Shots

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

It appears you are basically a container gardener, in your experience what type of containers are better and what is the best composition of the potting soil. do you feed your plants with chemical fertilisers?
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

An impressive collection, well done and thanks for sharing.

I particularly like what you have done on the stairs and the use of the handi as a container, have you drilled holes in the base?
muhammadimran7
City: rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: growing from seeds

Post by muhammadimran7 »

@ Sir Arif
its true i am container gardener and inspiration about start gardening is "gardening Pakistan"

according to me both type of containers (clay and plastic or ceramic) have their own pros and cons and plastic pots has bit edge over plastic pots. plastic pots can retain moisture better than clay pots. the other reason is they are very light weight and easily can move here and there. they are also per-decorative you don't have to beautify them.

for soil mix i am using normal soil (taken from anywhere) with peat moss or coco coir with some old manure. this mixture is doing well for me. and using NPK 20:20:20 half tea spoon after a month in flowering seasons. the source of all actions are gardening pakistan forum

@newton
thanks for your comments. yes drilled holes under the handi
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

muhammadimran7 wrote:@ Sir Arif
its true i am container gardener and inspiration about start gardening is "gardening Pakistan"

according to me both type of containers (clay and plastic or ceramic) have their own pros and cons and plastic pots has bit edge over plastic pots. plastic pots can retain moisture better than clay pots. the other reason is they are very light weight and easily can move here and there. they are also per-decorative you don't have to beautify them.

for soil mix i am using normal soil (taken from anywhere) with peat moss or coco coir with some old manure. this mixture is doing well for me. and using NPK 20:20:20 half tea spoon after a month in flowering seasons. the source of all actions are gardening pakistan forum

@newton
thanks for your comments. yes drilled holes under the handi
plastic pots can retain moisture better than clay pots. the other reason is they are very light weight and easily can move here and there. they are also per-decorative you don't have to beautify them.

correct, drawbacks are, if the soil is not compatible water logging can occur,The clay pot helps in evaporation of water which also keeps the roots cooler.

Your own developed mix is the best.
As a fresh start you are doing exceptionally well.
Good luck
Arif
muhammadimran7
City: rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: growing from seeds

Post by muhammadimran7 »

thanks sir

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”