KAM's garden.

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: KAM's garden.

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Till the frost.but i normally remove them in order to plant the cool season crops.like Pansy,petunia & other spring flowering annuals.you will see the CAP city will be full of this beautiful autumn flowering annual in last week of SEP.In Oct golds will be in full swing.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

They continue to flower till you get fed up and rip them out :D
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Sir jee Bonanza and Jafri. Bonanza has lighter shades while Jafri has darker more intense shades. Weisa you are correct, Alsatian and a Doberman both are dogs but for a dog lover there is a world of a difference.
After Marigold Inca, Petunia what else. Hardy, less water and blooms like mad. Eye candy hou tou oh well depends upon the person and what he considers eye candy. For me Marigolds Incas and Petunias. Pansy wansy is just side make up na. :mrgreen: :P :lol:
Regards.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

KAM Jafery is Urdu word for French Mari gold just like genda is for African mari golds.Bonanza is frenchmarigold the crersted type.jafery is not a variety.its just an Urdu name for it.but i love golds they are ultimate for autumn flowering.
KAMasud

Post by KAMasud »

Ok, sir jee agreed. 100% agreed but there is still a difference in flower colours, maybe variety.

Now what i would be grateful is would you go to this web site and tell/explain to me what they are talking about?

http://cactiguide.com/places/

Except for Rhipsallis all other cacti are from Americas????? What on earth is growing all over in our deserts???? All imported from Americas? By whom and why???????? What exactly are they saying? Jafri and Bonanza is not my confusion.
Regards.
KAMasud

Post by KAMasud »

Then on the same site check all the Rhipsallis and tell me, LOCAL name Pattaki and Creen growing all around us belong to that genus? They also have lovely flowers.
Regards.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

i think Masud you are talking about the local jaferi which has dark dull colors.i don,t like them.Inca & Bonanza are my favorites.they provide rich source of color to any garden when there is no other annual to do the job.
KAMasud

Post by KAMasud »

I am talking about the Jafri that has been on the scene from before 47 dark in colour. Sir jee as to your contention "LOCAL" i totally disagree. The LOCALS are incompetent fools who are good talkers but no good at coming up with any thing new. Except for Allahs given Cosmos (wild parent variety, mountains), Daisies (wild parent variety, mountains) i have yet to see any thing genetically modified by locals other then babies. We have international distinction in that, ask the soldiers :lol: . May Allah have mercy on us.
Regards.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

KAMasud wrote:I am talking about the Jafri that has been on the scene from before 47 dark in colour. Sir jee as to your contention "LOCAL" i totally disagree. The LOCALS are incompetent fools who are good talkers but no good at coming up with any thing new. Except for Allahs given Cosmos (wild parent variety, mountains), Daisies (wild parent variety, mountains) i have yet to see any thing genetically modified by locals other then babies. We have international distinction in that, ask the soldiers :lol: . May Allah have mercy on us.
Regards.
KAM, What right you have to READ my mind. Regards MAK
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Its 14 August and we are ought to be little patriotic :P

There is a reason for that......weather(Temperatures/Rain/Humidity)......other than 4 months(March/April-----Sep/Oct) i would say......plants are fighting for their survival here......Around the globe where People are experimenting with the plants look @ their climate.....Gardener's Heaven.....If anything has to be blamed its not the people but where we are located.........Abroad all the genetic Engg/Natural selection is for commercial purposes......Are you willing to to spend on commercial basis on such experiments here....i sowed some seeds as an experiments in Aug and it appeared to me that people were astonished..........

A Gardener should match plants to his environment .....not the vice versa.........or else if you try to naturalize alien plants of your liking here you would succeed a little provided you create a macro environment

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”