my garden 2016

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

hassanqureshi
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: roses , annuals and prenniels .....................

Re: my garden 2016

Post by hassanqureshi »

delpheniums are my first ever love .mali loves to shower them but now after begging him he is watering them from beneath , no harm done.

There is no blue like the blue cup the tall delphinium holds up.

Our life will pass like the traces of a cloud
And be scattered like
Mist that is chased by the
Rays of the sun
For our time is the passing of a shadow
And our lives will run like
Sparks through the stubble
I place a delphinium, Blue, upon your grave.
Attachments
WP_20160107_006.jpg
WP_20160107_007.jpg
WP_20160107_005.jpg
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Wow! Love your layout. I have grown dalphaniums from seeds this year too. I'm based in Rawalpindi. There is still the danger of ous here. Do you cover your dalphaniums with plastic sheet at night? I still have mine in the pot. Will transfer them to the ground in a few days inshallah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shazia Khurram
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Thank you for the beautiful poetry. I love tall flowers, especially fox gloves, lupins, single salvias, hollyhocks and delphiniums. They have such an old world charm to them.

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Delphiniums do not suffer from frost.....

your delps are closely planted. will suffer later
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

soil is very compact....i would not like that
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Fushias and Hydrengeas may be the only disappointments, others would be charming.
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:soil is very compact....i would not like that
farhan bhai , i have grown delpheniums last year, they look very far away from each other and bed looks empty so in order to create full effect i planted them very near , where as i have not grown foxgloves before so i don't know about their size but now i am feeling that they are crowded .
as far as the soil is concerned yes it is very clay type soil , i try to amend it with compost(bio fert) when i planted them but not much improvement . rait need to be added to aid drainage but i don't know about it before as i am still learning . my mali hoe everything after 2 weeks but i have to water it quickly because cat love the godi wali soil . they love to play with it so much . nowadays there is no rain , yes i am really worried what rain would do . actually lahore main to is saal serdi ayi hi nhn . the temps are 25c to 8c so i don't think there is much danger of frost . now i would tell my mali to hoe is as much as he can .
i am going to plant lupins in ground tomorrow , how far should i plant them , please tell me that .
Last edited by hassanqureshi on January 10th, 2016, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Fushias and Hydrengeas may be the only disappointments, others would be charming.
yes fushias are , but i met a very dear friend at a nursery , he put me up to them. he has so many named verities of fushias plants even the double flowered ones in lahore and he treats them as annuals , some he gift to nurserymen who take them to muree . his plants are so vigorous , i think i am a bit late too , he starts them in October and in December he has large bushes blooming so much . its a treat watching them . the cuttings are very cheap , 100 rupees each so i cannot resist .
as far as hydrengeas people say they survive if u keep them in complete shade in our hot months but lets see , again i did buy very cheap cuttings so its sort of experiment .
Shazia Khurram wrote:Thank you for the beautiful poetry. I love tall flowers, especially fox gloves, lupins, single salvias, hollyhocks and delphiniums. They have such an old world charm to them.

me too love tall annuals , people just don't plant them much because they require much care , staking etc . even the common hollyhock produces such a beautiful effect. delpheniums and larkspur are class apart .

i have last year seeds of delphenium , i sow them in october but no success , whereas larkspur is another matter, its germination is very good, but i chilled the seeds 2 weeks in the fridge and they germinated almost after 2 weeks .
hassanqureshi

Post by hassanqureshi »

just tell me about lupins friends as i have to plant them tommorow , how far should they be planted .
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Searched from Google:
Smaller lupine varieties require 12-inch spacing between each plant, while the bushier types need up to 24 inches ...

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”