My rooftop container garden

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

talha.bin.ayub

Re: My rooftop container garden

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433396924.649717.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433396910.878923.jpg

"The huge bags, invented by international food technology consultant Prof. Shlomo Navarro, keep both water and air out. They’re used all over the developed world, including Africa and the Far East, and even in countries that have no diplomatic ties to Israel, such as Pakistan."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Drip irrigation has revolutionised the agri world. Even in water rich countries it works to conserve precious sweet water from rivers or under ground. Karachi today suffers from severe water shortage.
Our agri methods are similar to our ablution methods! Keep the tap open at full swing from start to finish and waste 90% of the precious water

talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

In USA the water bill I saw was as high as the electricity bill-100$. That can be one was to explain how precious it is. Maybe those in Karachi can shed better light of this

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

[quote="talha.bin.ayub"]So as saddening as it might sound, Israel are world leaders in drip irrigation

Why is it saddening? it is their requirement for survival.
Arif
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

They r fulfilling our requirements as well, whilst we sit waiting on their efforts n just trying to boycot PEPSI

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

[quote="talha.bin.ayub"]They r fulfilling our requirements as well, whilst we sit waiting on their efforts n just trying to boycot PEPSI

I dont get you? what are you trying to say. YOU CANT BLAME OTHERS FOR OUR OWN SHORT COMINGS. Our requirement is better management of available water.
Arif
Last edited by Muhammad Arif Khan on June 4th, 2015, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

I m blaming us. And sad that we as a nation have a tunnel vision. That small state feeds it's Muslim enemies. R n D is what makes Israel. Usa etc what they are, and boycotting Pepsi, kfc etc is all we think about.
Sorry for digressing from the topic

Raja_Qaiser
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: New to Gardening.

Post by Raja_Qaiser »

Once i went to a shop in sadar Rwp looking for irrigation items, a very old man was owner there when i asked him about sprinklers he said" why the hell you need sprinkler here in pakistan, sprinkler are used where water is in shortage and this Pakistan you need to grow up.
People like them here has no vision.
Irrigation is realy good to manage the water.
A friend of mine lives in canada and he tells that they have to pay lot of money for just laundry usage. In malaysia you have to buy watet for drinking.

Humaray pass bohat khuch ha but hum "Nashukray" han.
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

I respect every view point here. It's more than just about drip irrigation that's probably being discussed here. Our national discourse Has been to waste. I waste water while doing wudu. Most of us do that. We never developed a way to conserve like infra-red sensors turning the water off/on whenever hands are brought code to the tap(such a device/ablution system has now been developed by a non Muslim). We don't need to look further from our own religious teachings to set the discourse right.

hnasir
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Orchids
Roses
Citrus
Annuals

Post by hnasir »

talha.bin.ayub wrote: So here is the need part explained. During my stay in USA(for clinical externships)

Great to see another medic here! (I'm in my final year :geek: ). Very nice setup. You're on the roof so you needed a pump. I'm on the floor- and I will need to develop a gravity fed system. I have the main components, just need the 1/2 inch main laterals. I also got my stuff from the US when on an elective placement! And like you I also have a container garden and it is indeed tiresome to look after so many pots!

I have a question though mainly about filtration. Which filter are you using? I have a Y-type screen filter. But I have an algae problem since the pipe from the tank to the garden area is PVC. What would you recommend? How is your filter holding up?

Also, which tubing are u using for an individual pot, 1/2 or 1/4"?

Thanks!

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”