KAM's garden.

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

KAM's garden.

Post by KAMasud »

This was a barren newly constructed three years back. I started record keeping in snap form from this spring. What you see at this moment is just the tip of a iceberg. I will be posting more as time goes along. Enjoy the ride because there are no rules of a formal garden.
Regards.

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: KAM's garden.

Post by Izhar »

Eye candy...!!! everything so full and healthy...
KAMasud

Post by KAMasud »

Wait, just the first tranche.

http://s1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... ge0068.jpg

http://s1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... ge0066.jpg

Eye candy is to enjoy and so is a garden, enjoy na.
Daves Garden,Gardening Australia, etc.
Regards.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Wow really a beautiful garden.specially the Crista gali.please pm me ur cell number.i shall visit your garden this weekend.very well maintained & the garden of an expert gardener.
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Mashallah...what a garden! Some who can make cactii flower, must be an expert gardener.
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

MashaAllah... thank you for posting... loved the zinnias, roses.. everything so healthy looking..
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Beautiful garden and we can see your passion. I wish to visit your garden. Neat and clean, every plant is at its right place.
Kaleem
Kaleem
KAMasud

Post by KAMasud »

Thank you very much every one. Yes it does take a lot of effort, just now they are a bit down due to the heat wave, no, it was not a wave. A wave comes and goes, this one just stuck after a very pleasant long spring, Those cacti loved it plus they had been starved of water from November and are still blooming. The environment up there is very harsh. The corner of that veranda faces West and acts like a dish in concentrating the heat. What you see in the corner is a grape vine (fruited, age 3), my ambition is to cover this area with a living green roof. Tried tin, fibre glass and green house netting but these mediums were trapping the heat. So its either a living, breathing green roof or Chick (kannas). The last is comparatively cheap. lasts about four years and due to the gaps, no heat gets trapped (cuts out 80% sunlight). I have put up a metal and wire frame work but bamboos can make the atmosphere even more friendly friendly. I do the metal, wire bending myself, so i can afford to be heavy handed.
Most welcome folks, i live near the current Isloo airport (between that and Ammar shaheed chowk) and am very happy to eat the head of fellow gardeners.
As to the PM chakkar, ok first let me solve it.
Regards.
KAMasud

Post by KAMasud »

Ok let me share some thing with you. Most of it will recognise what it is but as to if any one has made use of the properties of this substance?

Gel beads and you can also get them as chips called artificial soil. For Isloo residents, Grow More, F8 Markaz. Now look at the next ones, lot of pain with this baby it has to be fed.

Any way up to you all if you want to go into Hydroponics but i make use of it for another purpose. These gel beads/chips can hold up to 120% water. Coconut coir (a natural fibre extracted from the husk of coconut) is also good at retaining and acting as a wick. (Izhar coir is a neutral kind of substance with may be acidic properties when and if it decomposes while Peat is an accumulation of partially decayed vegetation and acidic in nature with food value.) Khair i lay a layer of coir near the bottom of my pots with a few beads (5 to 15 depends on pot size) cover with soil in which some coir is mixed in and plant. When you water, the water that flows out of the bottom instead gets retained by the beads which as you all can see holds a lot of water, When the soil dries out i have a emergency water ration in the beads. The moisture from the beads travels through out the soil due to the wick effect of coir, coir also allows the beads to expand. Thats how i deal with the requirement of water of all my spoilt brats while i rest. Coir also should be applied at the top as mulch if you are facing water shortage it cuts out evaporation-al losses. For palms and bigger plants, round river and sea stones can be put down as mulch. The stones stop the direct sun from hitting the soil, acts as home to beneficial insects like spiders and lizards. Which in turn can eat many times their weight in harmful pests. Also gives a decorative effect. Imagination is the criteria.
Regards.
PS. Still not solved the PM chakkar you may have to send the PM to get the ball rolling.
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

A few more posts and your PMs will be enabled... :mrgreen:

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”