Want to grow trees, your suggestion?

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

youngnights
City: Lahore

Want to grow trees, your suggestion?

Post by youngnights »

Hi, we were planning to grow a number of trees, one that I have selected is called amaltas, what would fellow members suggest that are ever green trees? :)

my location is Lahore.

thank you,

regards
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Want to grow trees, your suggestion?

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Depends on available space. here is list of trees I am growing in Lahore.
Ornamental trees
Alexander Palms, Fish tail Palms, Fox tail Palm
Butea, Bottle brush, Brachichiton
Chorisia, Casia fistula (Ammaltas), // // X Bakariana , C-Nadosa
C Grandis, C Javanica, C glata
Michellia Champaca, Royal Paulownia, Straculia
Tabebuia carabia (yellow & white), Tabebuia Serratifolia (pink & yellow), // (Marwa like leaf)
Tulip tree, Terminalia Catappa
Googal for details
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

youngnights wrote:Hi, we were planning to grow a number of trees, one that I have selected is called amaltas, what would fellow members suggest that are ever green trees? :) my location is Lahore.
Amaltaas is one of the most handsome trees when it begins to bloom. Regardless, you didn't mention the space and the time you would like to see them bloom. Amaltass will takes ages to bloom i.e. become a huge tree before it can flower. If you it is for a garden then I would suggest medium sized trees like

1 ) Hibiscus 2) Nyctanthes (haar singhaar) 3) Plumeria (champa) 4) flame of the forest (gul moher) 5) Mimusops elengi (mulsari) 6) Bauhinia (kachnaar) etc 7) Jacaranda (local name?)

All of them bloom at a young age unlike Amaltaas, note some of them are not evergreens including amaltaas. In a strict sense evergreens do not completly shed their leaves in any season. I hope you are not looking for such evergreens- they are represented by conifers the plants that grow in Muree hill side
youngnights

Post by youngnights »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Depends on available space. here is list of trees I am growing in Lahore.
Ornamental trees
Alexander Palms, Fish tail Palms, Fox tail Palm
Butea, Bottle brush, Brachichiton
Chorisia, Casia fistula (Ammaltas), // // X Bakariana , C-Nadosa
C Grandis, C Javanica, C glata
Michellia Champaca, Royal Paulownia, Straculia
Tabebuia carabia (yellow & white), Tabebuia Serratifolia (pink & yellow), // (Marwa like leaf)
Tulip tree, Terminalia Catappa
Googal for details
we already have some of the plants you suggested but thank you so much Arif. it is indeed a great help.. I will definitely buy some of your suggested plants, and let you guys know.
youngnights

Post by youngnights »

M Farooq wrote:
youngnights wrote:Hi, we were planning to grow a number of trees, one that I have selected is called amaltas, what would fellow members suggest that are ever green trees? :) my location is Lahore.
Amaltaas is one of the most handsome trees when it begins to bloom. Regardless, you didn't mention the space and the time you would like to see them bloom. Amaltass will takes ages to bloom i.e. become a huge tree before it can flower. If you it is for a garden then I would suggest medium sized trees like

1 ) Hibiscus 2) Nyctanthes (haar singhaar) 3) Plumeria (champa) 4) flame of the forest (gul moher) 5) Mimusops elengi (mulsari) 6) Bauhinia (kachnaar) etc 7) Jacaranda (local name?)

All of them bloom at a young age unlike Amaltaas, note some of them are not evergreens including amaltaas. In a strict sense evergreens do not completly shed their leaves in any season. I hope you are not looking for such evergreens- they are represented by conifers the plants that grow in Muree hill side

Hi, Sorry, I didnt realize that I should share the space and time, the side on which I want to grow trees is about 140 feet and its about 30 feet away from any building, its our side waranda, So I think I can plant about 5 tree in the area which may grow up big in 10 years time span, that is why I would prefer plants that bear no fruits...

simple purpose is to beautify the area..

Amaltas that we planted has some flowers on it, though its only 6 months old. but it will take more than 5 years to become a huge tree and surely its beautiful. Zaman Park has alot of Amaltas planted along with the road.

and thank you for the suggestions...

love this forum. hats off.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Go ahead and plant, time passes very fast, if looked after, some will bloom in 3 years.

Euforbia Corner on 3rd November 2010

Same on 6th August 2012 Row of Tabebuia Serratifolie and Amaltas trees.

Amaltas in flowers. 6 August 2012

Tabebuia in bloom 21 March 2012

Yellow tabebuia on 29th March 2012

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”