Resumption of My Hobby

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

asimishtiaq
City: Karachi

Resumption of My Hobby

Post by asimishtiaq »

Plant 21-01-2013 006.jpg
Dear all,

These are the some plants i have planted with the help and guidance of Izhar and it has been great journey so far any comments and suggestion are welcome in the matter.

Regards
Asim
Attachments
Plant 21-01-2013 008.jpg
Plant 21-01-2013 007.jpg
asimishtiaq

Re: Resumption of My Hobby

Post by asimishtiaq »

This Dhalia i bought last week and it is blooming at its peak !!
Attachments
First Purchase of these Season
First Purchase of these Season
Amarylis
Amarylis
Dhalia
Dhalia
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

Kindly tell me the name of this purple flower plant it was a gift to us when we got our home.
Attachments
Dont know its name but its very ruff and tough
Dont know its name but its very ruff and tough
Second Purchase of this Season RED Rose
Second Purchase of this Season RED Rose
First flower of this Dhalia
First flower of this Dhalia
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

The Pink Rose is with me since two years this year it gives me good numbers of flowers and the motia is of same age but i dun know what is happening to it it rarely give flowers and now iam spraying insecticide weekly on it lets keep our fingers crossed for the results.
Attachments
Motia
Motia
Pink Rose
Pink Rose
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Good luck with your gardening hobbies...it should be a life long hobby once developed :-)

Anyway, the purple flower is called Thunbergia. Your motia is highly pest infested. The lack of flowering could be due to shade. Motia loves hot weather and sunlight. If it is not too difficult you may transfer it to a more sunny location. Trim it in the winter so it re-grow in the summer and gift you with plenty of flowers.

BTW, I am not sure if people would agree, there are certain motias/ and mogras which do not flower as much as others. We had rows and rows of motia in our old house, but in different parts of the house. Some motia would be literally laden with flowers. And some plants produced very few flowers. Not sure of the reason. May be your motia is that unlucky one which produces few flowers because it is otherwise healthy in terms of vegitative growth.
dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

Your rose has many suckers!! (or so I think)
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

dragoonsers wrote:Your rose has many suckers!! (or so I think)
Suckers Means????
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

M Farooq wrote:Good luck with your gardening hobbies...it should be a life long hobby once developed :-)

Anyway, the purple flower is called Thunbergia. Your motia is highly pest infested. The lack of flowering could be due to shade. Motia loves hot weather and sunlight. If it is not too difficult you may transfer it to a more sunny location. Trim it in the winter so it re-grow in the summer and gift you with plenty of flowers.

BTW, I am not sure if people would agree, there are certain motias/ and mogras which do not flower as much as others. We had rows and rows of motia in our old house, but in different parts of the house. Some motia would be literally laden with flowers. And some plants produced very few flowers. Not sure of the reason. May be your motia is that unlucky one which produces few flowers because it is otherwise healthy in terms of vegitative growth.
Thanx for you feedback,Motia gets almost 6 Hours Sunlight direct and yup it is infected and iam trying to get it treated with pesticide as i mentioned.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Job for motia in March end:

1) Reduce the plant size to half by pruning / cutting
2) Remove all the leaves
3) Remove the upper 2-3 inch soil near the plant
4) Add generous amount of well rotted manure (ojhri ki khaad)
5) Mix well with the soil
6) Water every second day.. let it dry between watering
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

asimishtiaq wrote:
dragoonsers wrote:Your rose has many suckers!! (or so I think)
Suckers Means????
I had explained in great detail earlier in fertilizers for roses topic Just pasting that section again:

When you take a growing part of one plant (e.g. a growing bud, = scion) and physically attach it to another plant of the same kind-that process is called grafting. So the roses that you typically buy are grafted roses in the sense that root system originally belonged to one plant known as the grafting stock, and the stems, leaves flowers were part of another rose. At times it happens that the shoots start to appear from underground, growing below where the scion attachment was made - those shoots are suckers. With a careful look and if the rose plant is young you can actually see where the grafting was done- it is left as a surgery mark. Suckers take away all the nutrients and eventually kill the grafted part. Another way to identify suckers that the leaves are smaller than grafted growth and it is very thorny.

If your actual grafted rose has died and you can be patient, let the suckers grow. The rose suckers eventually produce beautiful and very fragrant pink roses of the wild type in few years. If possible transfer to soil because in the suckers might not bloom in small pots

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”