My Morels

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

muradulislam
City: Mansehra

My Morels

Post by muradulislam »

I know it's not a plant but a mushroom, but as I am trying to cultivate them outdoors too so thought should share one of my Harvest whose bases and extra mycelium i planted in my Morel bed.
Attachments
Pic -0014.jpg
Pic -0014.jpg (223.59 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
Morel mycellium i planted in a bed in home, pray it works and i pick morels in an year or two from my bed.
Morel mycellium i planted in a bed in home, pray it works and i pick morels in an year or two from my bed.
Pic -0012.jpg (217.44 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
Pic -0011.jpg
Pic -0011.jpg (174.92 KiB) Viewed 6578 times
muradulislam

Re: My Morels

Post by muradulislam »

i didn't know my bictures are so big :o
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by tweedle2009 »

are these edible ? There are edible mushroom spores for sale on internet.The mushrooms are sooooooooooo huge.I always wanted to grow them but can't sacrifice one complete room for that purpose.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Please give details of its cultivation.
muradulislam

Post by muradulislam »

tweedle2009 wrote:are these edible ? There are edible mushroom spores for sale on internet.The mushrooms are sooooooooooo huge.I always wanted to grow them but can't sacrifice one complete room for that purpose.
Among Mushrooms Morels are a delicacy fetching approx. $40 per lb. And except morels other mushrooms can easily be grown in a plastic container with some modifications.
muradulislam

Post by muradulislam »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Please give details of its cultivation.
Morels are very very hard to cultivate indoors. Infact the only person who did it got it patented. that method is available online but other people have not been able to copy it (something is missing). outdoor cultivation is only possible in those regions where the climate is suitable for them and where they occur naturally. If that's the case in your region then you may be able to cultivate them outdootell me, i'll write down detailed instructions and will post them here.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

I think our weather is only good enough to kill them.Monsoon is the only possibility
muradulislam

Post by muradulislam »

tweedle2009 wrote:I think our weather is only good enough to kill them.Monsoon is the only possibility
you have to watch for temperature too. morels fruit when temperature is around 16 to 25C with a lot of rain but in a light drizzle manner. and it should rain continuously for at least two days, thats why morels are a delicacy because they are nearly impossible to cultivate. All around the globe, morel hunting is a sport enjoyed by many people, including me and that harvest was the result of such a trip.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

muradulislam wrote:
tweedle2009 wrote:I think our weather is only good enough to kill them.Monsoon is the only possibility
you have to watch for temperature too. morels fruit when temperature is around 16 to 25C with a lot of rain but in a light drizzle manner. and it should rain continuously for at least two days, thats why morels are a delicacy because they are nearly impossible to cultivate. All around the globe, morel hunting is a sport enjoyed by many people, including me and that harvest was the result of such a trip.
I want a piece of land in Mansehra :(

Why is it too hot hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... :oops:
muradulislam

Post by muradulislam »

You know, what i was day dreaming about the other day, after retirement(if i reached that) a beautiful home in the middle of a garden in Kaghan :o for summer with huts all around for friends(retired) ;) and their families and BLA BLA BLA................. It was a good day dream.......... :D

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”