Decorating house

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

khawarissslam
City: jhelum
Gardening Interests: I know i always love flowers, shadow trees and fruit tress.

Re: Decorating house

Post by khawarissslam »

Thanks and Jazak Allah for yoyr support.
now i am posting my lawn current pics, though its just beginning but i want your advices to improve it.

khawarissslam
Gardening Interests: I know i always love flowers, shadow trees and fruit tress.

Post by khawarissslam »

:?:
No reply yet

:cry:
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

khawarissslam wrote: No reply yet
Nice garden but the lack of reply is perhaps because you didn't tell us what do you like in the first place? After all it is your very own garden :-)

1. Are you worried grass?
2. Do you like vines?
3. Do you like medium sized trees?
4. Do you like foliage plants or flowering plants?
5. Do you get enough light?
There are more 200 garden plants and more than 100 roses in our database- each with a name and picture. You can browse that section.
My only concern without knowing your preferences is the Bakayan tree (looks like Melia azadarechta) growing in the lawn. May be I am mistaken, but if it is true, it is a really huge tree with weak a trunk. God forbid, under heavy rains the tree can come to the ground.
khawarissslam

Post by khawarissslam »

M Farooq wrote:
khawarissslam wrote: No reply yet
Nice garden but the lack of reply is perhaps because you didn't tell us what do you like in the first place? After all it is your very own garden :-)

1. Are you worried grass?
2. Do you like vines?
3. Do you like medium sized trees?
4. Do you like foliage plants or flowering plants?
5. Do you get enough light?
There are more 200 garden plants and more than 100 roses in our database- each with a name and picture. You can browse that section.
My only concern without knowing your preferences is the Bakayan tree (looks like Melia azadarechta) growing in the lawn. May be I am mistaken, but if it is true, it is a really huge tree with weak a trunk. God forbid, under heavy rains the tree can come to the ground.
salam Farooq bhai,
thanks for complements, yes i own this ignored garden. My preference is that it look evergreen and charming at first sight.

1. Yes, Grass is never healthy all around, i think it may be due to lack of direct sunlight.
2. Yes, i do like the vines and i have started Money plant in a planter near patio of my house which will cover the round window of my house inshaAllah. I will submit its current pic as well. additionally, i have seen few vines giving flowers of different color among which i have started Sehra Bail (dont know its english/scientific name.
3. Not really for the garden. My brother has already grown 3 trees in garden namely Silver oaks, Figs tree and Daraik as well. I want to get rid of daraik as it is shedding leaves everywhere. :x
4. Foliage plants, i just checked on google. yes, it looks nice and evergreen.
5. No, not a healthy sunlight. my garden is to the north side of building and it gets early morning sun light till 10am on east side and after 2pm on west side. you can say 3 hours of daylight on average.

I have tried my best to answer the given question. I hope members will suggest me better as i personally have very little or no knowledge about gardening and planting. I have read a short book on Gardening in urdu which build my interest and now i want to utilize my garden area.
thanks
khawarissslam

Post by khawarissslam »

Support needed :(
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Khawar, you can try these, search our forum for their pics and information:

1) Hippeastrums
2) Salvia splendens
3) Begonia
4) Monstera
5) Philodendron
6) Coleus
7) Ferns
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Khawer sahib, here to link to browse almost 300 plants that do very well in Pakistani Gardens. All requirements are mentioned, height, fragrance, sunlight, local name, and a picture which is worth a thousand words :-)

viewforum.php?f=37

Currently you will have to click individual entries, which requires patience, but many pleasant surprises may await you. Grass will not do well under shade and you will have patches. Lets us know if you have more questions.
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

For grass I would suggest to sprinkle few granules of DAP on to it as it does not get enough sun and water regularly.
newton

Post by newton »

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2802

Please have a read through this previously posted topic on garden design, it has lists of plants and design and colour combination tips. remember your garden is unique to you with its own characteristics in respect of soil, moisture sun and shade, viewpoints etc,

Visiting other gardens can give you tips, take a camera with you and record colour or plant combinations that please you. After a while you naturally will begin to realise what you like and that way you or your designer can start to implement some of those into your space.

As you have already done, you will get some excellent tips and advice on individual plants and grass etc from some very experienced members on this forum. if you want somebody to do the design for you then you will require a landscape designer or member off the forum to visit and work with your site and your personal choice to come up with a plan. The forum quite rightly does not have a commercial interest element.

As experienced as some of our members maybe, (myself included) Its very difficult to come up with a garden design after a few photographs and some vague descriptions of what you like.
khawarissslam

Post by khawarissslam »

Thanks a lot to Izhar, M Farooq, Mustansir BiLLah and Newton as you all have guided best of you can.
being a layman in gardening, i understand that i need to work and spend a lot to make my garden look better.
The hardest part is to understand the plants name and their life cycle and to search for them in local nurseries. I have plenty of space around my house to decorate. in the end i understand that i cant design my garden at my own and i need a landscape designer ...

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”