A Doctor's First Step in the Art of Gardening!

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Ifrah
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: I've just started loving gardening as a hobby. I'm new to it. But definitely wanna learn more.

Re: A Doctor's First Step in the Art of Gardening!

Post by Ifrah »

S.Ahmed wrote:The pot of that palm at the entrance looks nice but honestly the red colour is too dull and doesn't look good(maybe some people prefer dull colour but I don't). You could repaint it. First give it a coat of primer then red synthetic enamel. It will give a brighter and glossier finish. Although I have these palms as well but these days am fan of chinese fan palm.
Amm.. Point noted. We went for the "Chilli Red" color actually. But I guess the painter just did a single coat and also whenever we water them even a little spillage of soil makes them look dirty. :(

But definitely I'm gonna think about giving them a shiny look. Jazak Allahu khayr! :)
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Wonderful Blooms... Is that Desi rose?
Ifrah
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: I've just started loving gardening as a hobby. I'm new to it. But definitely wanna learn more.

Post by Ifrah »

Yes Mustansir Sahab! :)
S.Ahmed
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Amateur gardener,Fragrant plants,Flowering Plants,Vegetables,Coconuts

Post by S.Ahmed »

Ifrah wrote:
S.Ahmed wrote:The pot of that palm at the entrance looks nice but honestly the red colour is too dull and doesn't look good(maybe some people prefer dull colour but I don't). You could repaint it. First give it a coat of primer then red synthetic enamel. It will give a brighter and glossier finish. Although I have these palms as well but these days am fan of chinese fan palm.
Amm.. Point noted. We went for the "Chilli Red" color actually. But I guess the painter just did a single coat and also whenever we water them even a little spillage of soil makes them look dirty. :(

But definitely I'm gonna think about giving them a shiny look. Jazak Allahu khayr! :)
Honestly speaking am not a pro painter myself either so shouldn't go around lecturing people about pot painting,just recently attempted to colour 40 of my own pots with mixed results(half of them turned out dull). Initially bought smallest 250 ml primer & colour tins and tested them on a small pot. Later bought larger 4 litre bucket. Enamels were in range or Rs 600 to 3200 per bucket and I settled for a Rs 1000 red enamel bucket.
Now I am done with those 40 pots and have once again bought some 250ml tins of aluminium metal colour for experimenting as had I seen a professional coloured clay pot seller paint his pots with deco type finishing.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3316&p=32764&hilit= ... you#p31630

I personally don't like Vegetables growing in my front garden beds,my experimental kitchen garden is at the back of my house or some vegetables are grown in pots,in front garden beds one should have beautiful permanent plants like Ixora,euphorbia & other similar plants(which pro gardenpakistan members can recommend to you as I am just a novice gardener myself). Only good part about growing vegetables is when you harvest them otherwise droopy leaves(like that of tomato) don't look nice at the front.

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”