Gardening Efforts

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Gardening Efforts

Post by Izhar »

Yes, they are re-sprouting in my home.. those of Hamad of wahcantt have already bloomed... these were previous years bulbs...
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Izhar wrote:Yes, they are re-sprouting in my home.. those of Hamad of wahcantt have already bloomed... these were previous years bulbs...
Detail of husbandry please.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Izhar wrote:Yes, they are re-sprouting in my home.. those of Hamad of wah cantt have already bloomed... these were previous years bulbs...
yes exactly!!

Earlier I use to believe Hyacinth cant be grown as perennial but my experience made me think other way, two years back I brought some Hyacinth from UK, they bloomed and went dormant as per normal life cycle, I took them out of soil and found few bulblets too, treated them with fungicide and anti-rotting and saved them like other bulbs, following September I planted them, not only they bloomed but to my amazement bulbets also bloomed, pics could be found on Gardening Pakistan Face book page.

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Lucky you !
Hyacinths never seem happy when I tried them, very low temperatures like Muree could be a better place to use them as perennials. The flower kept on diminishing, but the new ones are always promising. This is a difficult plant, needs a lot of motivation to stick with it in the long term.

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”