Yasir's Garden

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Yaser
City: Charsadda
Gardening Interests: curious as a child

Re: Yasir's Garden

Post by Yaser »

Oxalis, very easy plant, infact it comes out every year on its own without any care required. just a gift from nature

Yaser

The Transformation

Post by Yaser »

Today I want to write a full post on my experience in gardening. I had this front yard which was quite untidy and full of weeds. i tried plantation in different ways but despite of beautiful flowers there was no attraction at all. it was a mess.

Initially i thought I should go for a lawn but then the grass dropped the idea because I realized lawn was too difficult to care for and without Mali this would have been a worthless effort. This is how my it looked like initially.

I surfed the internet to get some ideas. some were really beautiful but the were either too complex, expensive or not compatible with our style of houses. But one inspired me. Take a look at this picture below

This however is a very small space, but i just needed an idea and here it is. so i planned my front yard in a similar fashion. cut out the amaltas, left the fruit trees and sogo palm intact and redesigned according to my need. the work started in october. and was completed in three weeks.

Meanwhile i had already bought paneeri from nursuries, They were of nasturtium, godetia, dahlia, petunia pansy and ranunculus

soon after the work was completed i transformed these plants into there planned locations.

Now after a long wait the result is here, completely transformed yard but it has still a lot of room for improvement. for example these pansies look beautiful but widely spaced and are deep, the bed needs to be raised for a better look and will be more asthetic if heavily planted.

nasturtium have covered the area almost completely. however some plants with height could have added more beauty.

Here is the overall look

Cassia Nodosa(for clear view look in following pictures) struggling in the middle among petunias, whereas rangoon creeper far back near the wall appearing as a single stem is expected to add beauty in summer.

while petunias falcon mix variety in the middle have yet to bloom fuller.

And who can ignore the beauty of ranunculus

Meanwhile Cinerarias are in full bloom

Calendula, though look amazing in this picture is not an eye catcher in the garden

Hope you have enjoyed this time travel with me. looking forward for your comments, suggestion etc. And experienced gardeners are not allowed to close this post without a feedback.
farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

Well done.
Rohail Asad
City: Wah-Cantt
Gardening Interests: I have interest in flowering plants(both annuals and perennials)

Post by Rohail Asad »

wonderful & looking superb
Happy spring
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Really Beautiful... It is always hard to fulfill what you actually had thought but your progress is Fantastic!
Yaser

Post by Yaser »

Thankyou Farah, Rohail and Mustansir. Incorporating current experience and benefiting from your knowledge next spring will Inshallah be more beautiful
gazal
City: larkana
Gardening Interests: i love flowers n gardening

Post by gazal »

AMAZINGGGGGGGGG, n very beautifull.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Yaser... bravo.. well done!!!

Now after a month from now, you will be planting summer annuals..

My suggestion is to add more soil mixed with compost to your bed, the soil level should be just 1-2 inches below the boundaries..
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Very well done. Attractive landscaping and beautiful plantation.
Izhar wrote:My suggestion is to add more soil mixed with compost to your bed, the soil level should be just 1-2 inches below the boundaries..
I second the Izhar's suggestion, because you would need to drain out the excess water whenever it rains to much to avoid the damage of plants. Increasing the soil bed depth will increase the quantity of stagnant water. Slightly slope of peripheral beds is enough to drain the excess water but for central closed beds you must do as suggested by Izhar.
Rafique
isaeed
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: ornamental trees and shrubs,vines.bulbs,flowers

Post by isaeed »

Yasir
I would have gone for a smaller deck(of bricks)and retained a larger area for plants and beds ie if you want to call it a garden.Now it is a large deck with minimal planting area left for you to design and develop it as a garden.Sorry but this is my opinion and you have full right to disagree
Irfan Saeed

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”