Morning Glory bloom

Showcase your garden. Tell us what is flowering around you.

Moderator: Izhar

Javed Hasan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: growing succulent, geranium , kitchen gardening

Morning Glory bloom

Post by Javed Hasan »

During my last trip to Hunza valley via kaghan and Thak valley and for Eid celebration at my Home village enjoyed bloom of Morning Glory
To my surprise a single purple colored flower very fresh n charming blooming between the stones just along the roadside near Kaghan village.
2nd bloom of Morning Glory in KarimAbad Hunza. While walking through an alley towards Baltit Fort was attracted by the Flowers of Morning Glory with equally enchanting door and a window in the background and a lovely trellis supporting the vine.
Third bloom in village,where morning glory vine is vigorously spreading on walls and roof of my house with pink colored flowers.
Attachments
morning glory-3.JPG
M.glory Kaghan valley (1).jpg
Morning Glory -1.jpg
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Morning Glory bloom

Post by M Farooq »

Very beautiful scenery and the deep purple flowers. The third picture of beach morning glory is also a common sight on Karachi's seasides. It grows on sandy beaches and tolerates salt quite well.
Javed Hasan

Post by Javed Hasan »

Then, morning Glory is quite a tough plant which can tolerate the cold of Kaghan valley and flower among the stones, also tolerate the heat of south Punjab and salt in the air of Karachi and bloom on the sandy beach
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Javed Hasan wrote:Then, morning Glory is quite a tough plant which can tolerate the cold of Kaghan valley and flower among the stones, also tolerate the heat of south Punjab and salt in the air of Karachi and bloom on the sandy beach
Very true. The beach morning glory is a tough plant. Its salt tolerance is amazing because beach surrounds are quite corrosive because of salt particles.
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Beautiful pictures. Sir, is morning glory called ishq pecha in nursery lingo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Javed Hasan

Post by Javed Hasan »

In reply to this I can only quote the following, as before this I had no knowledge of this, I hope this serves the purpose.

And ISHQ PAICHA, A very hardy Ipomia.
Muhammad Arif Khan sahib (April 21st, 2013)

The common name of this Ipomia is ISHK PAICHA It is also called Railway creeper as you could see it almost at every railway station. It is the commonest creeper atleast in Punjab.
Muhammad Arif Khan » April 24th, 2013

Ipomoea is a large and diverse group with common names including morning glory, sweet potato, bindweed, moonflower, etc.
Wikipedia
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Thank you for the detailed relay Javed Hassan sahab.
And Arif uncle is right, whenever I think of morning glory, the post colonial iron picket fences covered with them do come to mind :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “What is blooming in your Garden?”