Flowers of Pakistan

Pakistan Related Articles and other Gardening related Info.

Moderator: Izhar

Maryam
City: Karachi

Flowers of Pakistan

Post by Maryam »

Hello everyone!

I need help with a project I am working on called Flowers of Pakistan. I need names of flowers, at least 15, that are grown in Pakistan and also in which part of the country and what season.

I searched the internet to get these answers but haven't had much success. I read the message threads on the forums on this website and found that this is a serious forum with members who know and love everything about flowers.

Maryam
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Flowers of Pakistan

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Verbena, Godetia , African Daisy (Dimorpotheca), Pansy , Petunia, Stock , Dianthus Pink, Carnation, Calceolaria, Nemesia Denticulate, Aster, Hollyhock, Cosmos, Phlox, Poppy, Calendula Officinalis, Cineraria, Snapdragons, Alyssum, Dahlia, Nasturtium, Celosia, Mimulus, Portulaca, Statice, Ranunculus, Sunflower, Sweet Pea, Geranium, Paper Flower, Dianthus Sweet Williams, French marigold, Gillardia, Annual Chrysanthemum, Salvia splendens, CandyTuft(iberis), Paper flower, Schzianthus, Primula, Gazania, Gerbera, Rose, Bougainvillea, Hibiscus, Canna, Jasmine, Pelargonium, Zinnias, Cockscomb, gomphrena and many more

All can be grow almost everywhere with slight differences of months
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Assuming this is not an academic assignment (as a teacher I wouldn't encourage anyone getting complete online homework help) you should check the database maintained by University of Florida:

http://www.tropicos.org/Project/Pakistan

Or for more formal work, see "Flora of Pakistan" by Dr. Irtefaq Ali.

See wikipedia for " Flora of Pakistan". In a strict sense the flowers of Pakistan should be native, and naturally growing species not something that is imported in recent years.

Regards,

Farooq
Maryam

Post by Maryam »

Dear Mr. Farooq,

Thank you for the information. No, I don't need the information for an academic project :-) . I appreciate your conscientiousness :-)

Return to “Flora of Pakistan”