WIld Flora suburbs of LAHORE

Pakistan Related Articles and other Gardening related Info.

Moderator: Izhar

omerkhalid
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

WIld Flora suburbs of LAHORE

Post by omerkhalid »

Hi Guys,

Here are some interesting flowers that i have found in my workplace in the suburbs of LAHORE, hope you all enjoy them and lets also see how many can be identified :) HAVE FUN
Attachments
CIMG0132.JPG
very cute little trailing vine with beautiful and delicate sweet smelling pink flowers
very cute little trailing vine with beautiful and delicate sweet smelling pink flowers
CIMG0077.JPG
omerkhalid
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

Re: WIld Flora suburbs of LAHORE

Post by omerkhalid »

here are some more
Attachments
CIMG0238.JPG
CIMG0216.JPG
CIMG0164.JPG
omerkhalid

Post by omerkhalid »

Two more just for now
Attachments
CIMG0970.JPG
CIMG0969.JPG
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

I am hopeful you don't plan to devour those melon like fruits.
omerkhalid

Post by omerkhalid »

haha well i was tempted :)
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

temptations can be lethal
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

At least 3 plants are noteworthy as they are important medicinal plants in folk medicine and grow wild in (suburb) Karachi as well:

1. The not-to-be-eaten melons in your plate are Citrullus colocynthis :-)

2. Solanum surattense - purple flowers with thorns

3. Oxystelma esculentum - bell shape cream flower

Thanks for your picture contributions, we will add them to the wild flowers thread to your photo credit. Just a suggestion for future pictures submissions: We should have an image of leaves, flower close and the whole plant in its natural habitat, so that any other reader can easily identify by comparison :-)

Regards.
omerkhalid

Post by omerkhalid »

M Farooq wrote:At least 3 plants are noteworthy as they are important medicinal plants in folk medicine and grow wild in (suburb) Karachi as well:

1. The not-to-be-eaten melons in your plate are Citrullus colocynthis :-)

2. Solanum surattense - purple flowers with thorns

3. Oxystelma esculentum - bell shape cream flower

Thanks for your picture contributions, we will add them to the wild flowers thread to your photo credit. Just a suggestion for future pictures submissions: We should have an image of leaves, flower close and the whole plant in its natural habitat, so that any other reader can easily identify by comparison :-)

Regards.

Thanks Sir, well its good to know that my pictures are useful, i just took them as i found these flowers very interesting and very very beautiful, i will however in future keep in mind your good suggestion :) do you have any interest in finding about the small pink flowers, they have a beautiful aroma that is not very intense but strong enough to be registered by a curious mind. You will surely be getting more and more stuff for the posts and i would also try to provide research results in future regarding any new finds in the wild and in our parks:)
omerkhalid

Post by omerkhalid »

Farooq Sb, please also have a look at the post regarding flora of Naran, i am curious to see what people think of these stunning flowers
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

The flowers of Naran are beautiful indeed however, only one plant is recognizable -the milk thistle (purple bristle like flowers). It is also common is Sindh, and in Urdu it is called oont-katara (camel's something- why katara? no idea...katara could be unripe imli or kataar was also a knife type of thing, that plant probable injures the camel).

For IDs, flower close-up is useful since it helps to make educated guesses for plant families. The pink flowers are too far away to make a guess. Once you take new photos for submission for new plants, try to take close-up shots.

Regards.

Return to “Flora of Pakistan”