Common Gardening mistakes

Basics of Gardening from Seed Starting to Deadheading

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Common Gardening mistakes

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

@ Sir Arif......Sir one day when my gardening age is as rich as yours i will dig deeper into bulbs.......I am stuck with annuals for now(primary school of gardening)...Bulbs seem masters education to me :ugeek:
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

farhan137 wrote:@ Sir Arif......Sir one day when my gardening age is as rich as yours i will dig deeper into bulbs.......I am stuck with annuals for now(primary school of gardening)...Bulbs seem masters education to me :ugeek:
Annuals, is the most advanced school of Gardening.
What to plant? Out of hundreds you have to select a few.
What would be the scheme of planting, formal or informal, bed planting or mixed planting, Mixing by heights and colours, Planning for flowers throughout the year or all at the same time, same plants every year or different ones each year, same scheme or different every year.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Interesting......... perception error/common mistake :-) on my part. However how would you grade raising a single plant of both varieties, which is more harder to grow?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

farhan137 wrote:Interesting......... perception error/common mistake :-) on my part. However how would you grade raising a single plant of both varieties, which is more harder to grow?
Farhan, All living organisms have developed to flourish best in a specified environment. You can grow anything by artificially providing it the environment of its choice.
To avoid any heart ache it is best to select plants which are known to thrive in the local conditions.
My Amaryllis Hippeastrum forum friends from Europe and USA were sure I will not be able to grow Quality amaryllis in our climatic conditions, 22C being the ideal temperature for them, but like humans many plants have a remarkable adaptability so only answer is hit and trial.
I find Holly Hock the easiest, I have never sown one and enjoy them every year, they just keep coming.
kamranzaki
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Home Gardening - All kinds of flowering plants. Indoor plants - imported new species

Post by kamranzaki »

Very informative. Thank you. I am glad i follow most of these best practices :) some i didnt know about.
sage
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Post by sage »

Very handy information totally based on experince and in such a easy way explanation.
But one have to earn his own experience fr developing proper understanding. Will be requiring proper time , patience and skill to get the results which is not easy for new ones or ametures.
I dont have much experince in gardening but after every few months find myself stuck..deciding what i want to grow & what will actually grow according to seasonal conditions is not easy.
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Farhan bhai your post is truly appreciable. Aap nay tou darya ko kuzay may band kar kay paish kar diya.
syed_zada
Gardening Interests: I love Gardening.

Post by syed_zada »

Very very informative post, i must say... Respected all, i really lov to know that as i read in the post abt environment growing, grow which is suitable to our local environment... so i'd like to know which plants/veg/flowers/bulbs/vines/shrubs we can grow according to Karachi's climate??? as we live nearby the Sea-shore... as i'm in planning to get some plants and start this hobby but with some research work... eagerly waiting for all Respected Fanciers to kindly input there valuable suggestions...

Best Regards,
Shah...

Return to “Rudimentary Gardening for Novice”