Moringa Miracle Tree

Information on Medicinal benefits of Plants

Moderator: Izhar

haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Re: Moringa Miracle Tree

Post by haris.kabir »

It is also used in pickle, tastes gud :)
John612
City: Georgia

Post by John612 »

Moringa in pickle? I never heard that really amazing I would love to try this one. Can you please let me know of what parts of this plant we can make pickle?
Faisal Riaz
City: Karachi

Post by Faisal Riaz »

Roots are used for this purpose......
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

John612 wrote:Moringa in pickle? I never heard that really amazing I would love to try this one. Can you please let me know of what parts of this plant we can make pickle?
As mentioned by Faisal, Roots are mainly used but very few people know its fruit, the beans are also used in pickle.
ahussain
City: Beach Park

Post by ahussain »

FYI
The roots are shredded and used as a condiment in the same way as horseradish; however, they contain the alkaloid spirochin,[2] a potentially fatal nerve-paralyzing agent.
usman.haq
City: Islamabad

Post by usman.haq »

do anyone knows, from where i can get one in Islamabad?
Shahzad Basra
City: Faisalabad

Post by Shahzad Basra »

Dear All
Moringa is in fact a Miracle Tree. With each new experiment and interection with people new wonderful aspects are dicovering. It has proved its worth as crop growth enhancer, water purification agent, foddr, feed, human food, curing a number of diseases especially BP, diebetes, arthritis, weakness etc. Hunders of farmers are using it as crop growth enhancer and receiving daily calls from farmers about wonderful results. Please join hands to spread this knowledge and propogate moringa
simonben1982
City: kansas

Post by simonben1982 »

Well, this is really amazing to find out about another use of moringa
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Moringa oleifera i am afraid even though its common tree in Rajistan area and South India, Chimmi tree. Drumsticks. It can be found in homes in Karachi but mostly Hydrabad Deccan migrants.
I have been trying to find this tree for last two years in Potohar but to no avail. Has any one got this tree in Karachi?
Regards.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

KAMasud wrote:Moringa oleifera i am afraid even though its common tree in Rajistan area and South India, Chimmi tree. Drumsticks. It can be found in homes in Karachi but mostly Hydrabad Deccan migrants. I have been trying to find this tree for last two years in Potohar but to no avail. Has any one got this tree in Karachi?
Regards.
You are right, it is quite common in Karachi. If you happen to see one, just request a ripe phali. It is a rapid grower. May be you can check Shalimar nursery in Karachi. Personally, I would not recommend growing it anyway near home gardens it because its wood is one of the weakest wood ever. We had a huge drumstick tree and on one rainy day, one of the main big trunks fell apart causing some damage. We then got rid of it.

Return to “Medicinal Plants”