fruits in Pakistan

Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

oyfili
City: calabria

fruits in Pakistan

Post by oyfili »

I am looking for a comprehensive list of fruits growing in Pakistan including the cultivars. Is there an online source or even a book in English to buy??
UMAR KHAN

Re: fruits in Pakistan

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Hai chris i dont know about books.but to my limited knowledge Mango is national fruit of pakistan.sindh & punjab are the main source of mangoes.sindhdi,begum pali,chaunsa are major culrivers of sindh.langda,dusehri(2 types),fajri,anwar ratol(also called anwar rator),kala chunsa,sufaid chunsa,tota pari,malwa are mjor cultivers in punjab.there are more than 100 cultivers which are grown in pakistan.dashte sammar is a good cultiver of sindh.dashte sammar is also grown KPK.The second major fruit is the citrus family.Kino(mardarine) is on the top.its the speciality of Sargodha.its a major export fruit of Pakistan.in punjab red blood,ruby red oranges are also grown.but best red blood,ruby red,washington naval,shakri oranges are grown in kpk.Badooch(Rustam),palie,kaka sb(mankie),haripur are the best orange producing areas.Peaches are grown in Mardan,peshawar,swat,quetta.best peaches are grown in Matta & charbagh,swat.8 no peaches are best in taste which ripens in August.best Apricots are grown on Chitral,Gilgit,Quetta.these are as sweet as honey.80 % of Apple is produced by Quetta,mastoom.mastoom is also famous for the best grape cultiver Sundarkhani.Sindh prduce the fruits which to my best know no other area produce.Bannas,Papaya(in large quantity),sharifa,coconuts,best chikoo are cultivated in sindh.plumbs are also cultivated in Balochistan & Kpk.fazle manana,tamteel,faramasie are major cultivers.these are local names.dates are also grown in diffrent areas.D I Khans Dhakki dates are very famous.i think its enough Chris
oyfili
City: calabria

Post by oyfili »

thank you!
Do you know a mango and a banana cultivar which are resistant to the cold?

what about cereals like grain and rice?? Do you know if there is an online store to buy some rice seeds for sowing??
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Chris see Sensation a dwarf mango cultiver from Florida,USA.it can be grown in large containers.in winter months move the containers indoors.

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”