my new book about horticulture plants

Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

isaeed
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: ornamental trees and shrubs,vines.bulbs,flowers

Re: my new book about horticulture plants

Post by isaeed »

I have searched many bookstores in Lahore for a gardening book authored by a Pakistani.Could not find a single one.What a pity!
Your book may be the first one? Congratulations
Irfan saeed
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

by isaeed » February 26th, 2014, 10:21 pm

I have searched many bookstores in Lahore for a gardening book authored by a Pakistani.Could not find a single one.What a pity!
Your book may be the first one?
"The Gardener Horticulture in Pakistan" by A.K. Khan, publisher 'Oxford Book Press' is commonly available in most of the bookshops.

"Mr. A. K. Khan is an eminent horticulturist of Pakistan. He was born in 1920, and migrated to Pakistan from Jaipur. He graduated in Horticulture from Allahabad University in 1944. He initially worked in the agriculture department in Kabul, Afghanistan, and then in Delhi, India. In Pakistan he served in various capacities including Director, Parks and Recreation, Government of Pakistan. His passion for horticulture induced him to establish the Horticultural Society of Pakistan in 1948. He has six books to his credit."
excerpted from
http://books.google.com.pk/books/about/ ... edir_esc=y
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Then definitely must buy book. I will search for it in Oxford books related shop...
suffi
City: Haripur
Gardening Interests: kitchen gardenign , landscaping, medicinal plants reading and cultivation,

Post by suffi »

nice work sir , how i get this book for study
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

You should find at least two books in urdu on pakistani plants and horticulture, i bought them from ferozsons mall road lahore.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

khabbab wrote:You should find at least two books in urdu on pakistani plants and horticulture, i bought them from ferozsons mall road lahore.
1.By Alfaisal Nashran?
2. written by dr/prof/Gillani?
Rafique
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

rafique wrote:
khabbab wrote:You should find at least two books in urdu on pakistani plants and horticulture, i bought them from ferozsons mall road lahore.
1.By Alfaisal Nashran?
2. written by dr/prof/Gillani?
Khabbab did have the titles in mind of the said books?
Rafique
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Well the book of Prof gillani is the 3rd one but it is comprised mostly of contents from first 2 books. Do not remember their names but both are very good for beginners. Small books. There is a book fair these days in expo center johar town, interested members can search there as well.

I had very big flora database book with pictures which is resting in the hands of a famous veteran gardener of lahore. If he reads this, he can return me.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Muhammad Imran Khan
Gardening Interests: landscaping, trees, shrubs, ground covers, annuals and perennials, garden writing

Post by Muhammad Imran Khan »

isaeed wrote:I have searched many bookstores in Lahore for a gardening book authored by a Pakistani.Could not find a single one.What a pity!
Your book may be the first one? Congratulations
Irfan saeed
you are right , this thing in fact made me to think about this
Muhammad Imran Khan
Gardening Interests: landscaping, trees, shrubs, ground covers, annuals and perennials, garden writing

Post by Muhammad Imran Khan »

mikhurram wrote:
by isaeed » February 26th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Your book may be the first one?
"The Gardener Horticulture in Pakistan" by A.K. Khan, publisher 'Oxford Book Press' is commonly available in most of the bookshops.

"Mr. A. K. Khan is an eminent horticulturist of Pakistan. He was born in 1920, and migrated to Pakistan from Jaipur. He graduated in Horticulture from Allahabad University in 1944. He initially worked in the agriculture department in Kabul, Afghanistan, and then in Delhi, India. In Pakistan he served in various capacities including Director, Parks and Recreation, Government of Pakistan. His passion for horticulture induced him to establish the Horticultural Society of Pakistan in 1948. He has six books to his credit."
excerpted from
http://books.google.com.pk/books/about/ ... edir_esc=y
the urdu version of this book named Baghban is an excellent book

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”