Chir Pine vs Jacaranda vs Delonix Regia

Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

varyskit
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Amateur that wishes to dabble in the fine art of gardening

Chir Pine vs Jacaranda vs Delonix Regia

Post by varyskit »

First of all, hey everyone. Stumbled upon this forum by chance and I have to say that I'm glad that such a resource exists for us Pakistanis who're completely novices in this field and for those who, as experts, like to share ideas among each other.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and was hoping to get some advice advice and opinions from the respectable folks here. My parents finally bought their own house here in Islamabad and are in the process of renovating it. I've taken it upon myself to ensure that the outside garden looks nice as well (As a Tolkien fan, I've been a huge lover of trees which is why I adore the Margalla hills).

Currently the garden outside my house looks like this:
Front view
Front view
Side View
Side View
Considering the symmetry of the trees already planted from before, I'm thinking of adding one more in the front middle bit of the ground. I've looked at a few options here and I've shortlisted the following three:

1) Chir Pine
2) Jacaranda
3) Delonix Regia (Gul mohr being the local name if I recall correctly)

Out of these, which ones would you advise to go for? I honestly think the last two would go well due to being ornamental trees as well as their placement here but I've got a soft spot for the Chir Pine as well. So what say you?

Thanks in advance

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”