Recommendation for Boundary Trees

Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

aitchkay
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: I love planting trees and have recently sucuessfully implemented the Miyawaki Method in Lahore

Recommendation for Boundary Trees

Post by aitchkay »

AOA!

I have recently successfully implemented the Miyawaki Method on my land and I was attempting to make a boundary wall of it all around my land. However, it is unforunately too expensive to do on such a large scale.

I have a plot measuring 1000 ft x 200 ft and i need to plant trees on all four boundaries. So in total that is 2400ft.

The requirements are:

1. The trees form a high boundary wall that provides privacy and protection
2. The trees should have either wood-bearing, fruiting or medicinal properties

The trees will be planted every 5 feet and will be planted in a KHAAL.

I have shortlisted some trees such as Safaida(wood, anti-bacterial), Kikar(wood), Jamun (fruit), Neem (medicinal), Poplar (wood), Taali (wood).

I need your help in identifiying more trees and also in what order to plant them. The plot runs east to west in length!

Thank you!
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Recommendation for Boundary Trees

Post by M Farooq »

Safaida and jamun trees are very weak, once the wind blows (storm, rain etc.) branches fall off. Neem is very good, but slow grower. Have you considered Conocarpus? The wood might be useful.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Recommendation for Boundary Trees

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

How about grafted Mulberry. Good strong wind resistant, the fruit can be dried and eaten through out the year.

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”