Trees, Climbers for a Small Lawn in Lahore

Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

xaheer
City: Sialkot

Trees, Climbers for a Small Lawn in Lahore

Post by xaheer »

Suggest me a plants and climbers for a small lawn in Lahore. I would prefer fruit trees/flowering trees. My preferences are the same for climbers as well.
Someone has suggested me to plant Abaseen 2000, a variety of grapevine. Your comments are awaited. Moreover, please suggest me a nursery in Lahore near Johar Town/Qadaffi Stadium/Kalma Chowk. I wonder if i can get a Date Palm from Agriculture Department in Lahore.
UMAR KHAN

Re: Trees, Climbers for a Small Lawn in Lahore

Post by UMAR KHAN »

u can try lagestonia,tropical hibiscus,plameria(flowering trees).if you like fruits citrus are good for small garden.washington navel orange,kino tree or china lemon are best.you can also Sensation mango tree.this cultivar reaches to max of 9 ft.bears red mangos,which are also very decorative.shrubs like gardenias are also good for your garden.but in my opinion plant some roses,bulbs like amaryllis or day lilies.add some dwarf annuals in mix colors.(petunias,pansies,dwf snaps.taste matters may be you disagree with me.trees even in small size are not fit for a small garden.lagestonias & hibiscus if hard pruned in the season can be kept very dwarf.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by tweedle2009 »

Plumeria makes a nice garden tree.If you can get a variegated plumeria at a reasonable price, even better.I d not recomend you to plant a tree that get's huge and stops the sunlight comming to ur lawn.So plumeria is the option for you.You can also try hibiscus..

Rangoon Creeper,Clerodendrum,Sweet Autumn Clematis,Breynia (Jungle Jalebi) should all serve you well.I'd also recommend you to plant lantana, gerberas (local ones) , Ixora etc.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

i agree with Adnan trees are not recommended for a small lawn.they stop the sun light plus they will disturb your grass.they will suck all the nutrients from your lawn.i have mentioned some trees in my earlier post.so keep it optional.otherwise kino or mango trees are not fit for a small lawn even if in dwarf version.Adnan mentioned a good climber Rangoon,a very nice climber with sweet fragrance.
xaheer

Post by xaheer »

the only reasonable tree mentioned here is plumeria i suppose, but it's planted in my next door neighbour's garden. what about
Grapes (Abaseen 2000), Angeer (Flat Leef), Pear, Berries, Peach (6-A), Olive (Nocilala, Frantoyo), Plum (Barmusa), Date Palm, Lychee as I am thinking of local flora. Moreover, please suggest me a nursery also.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Figs & Lychee develop very large trees.plums,peaches,pears are also not fit for a small lawn.whenever you plant a tree,keep in mind how will it look after 6 years.pear tree also develops runner roots which will ruin your lawn.small lawn is always selective & in combine color scheme.use annuals,roses,small shrubs thats all.the fruits you desire to plant need a large area.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Living in Sialkot with a small lawn in Lahore.
How small is your small, while selecting plant keep in mind the final size, Sun/shade. I will suggest dont go by name, have a look at the plants you choose.
xaheer

Post by xaheer »

things got a bit mixed up regarding Lahore and Sialkot
how so I paste images in the forum posts to give you a glimpse of my lawn
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Just look at your garden.then just imagine can it afford a tree like Mango or lychee.if your lawn is smaller than 2 kanals surely it can not afford it.if its at least 2 kanal place go for citrus & dwarf mango.i don,t know about the Abaseen grape but normaly a grape vines need too much space.another thing to get top quality fruits,fruit trees need too much care.
khawajaumerilyas
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: fruit plants

Post by khawajaumerilyas »

There are 4 to 5 nurseries at kalma chowk and 3 at qaddafi stadium but i suggest you not to buy fruit plants from these nurseries for two reasons;there plants are not of god qualities mostly and they are charging high prices.I suggest you one place it is called mughalpura shed.There you will find not only good nursries with variety of plants but the prices are also very reasonable.
Here is the no of one of those nursery boy 03054188836

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”