Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Local Name of Paulownia (Empress Tree)

Post by tweedle2009 »

Paulownia is the world's fastest growing tree.I've heard some of these are growing in Gujrat and Islamabad.Do they have a local name and are they available for sale somwhere? I succeeded in growing 4 plants from 15 seeds btw.The pace they are growing at is astonishing.

khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Local Name of Paulownia (Empress Tree)

Post by khabbab »

Where are they growing in Gujrat? I was born in gujrat by the way and travel monthly there.

By the way i also succeeded in germinating seeds of a mixture of p.tomentose, fortunei and some catalpifolia as well :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Haji Latif can tell only :0) it's he who said this ... when you go to buy a falsa tree dont forget to ask him :mrgreen:

How many are you growing ? Where did you buy your seeds from and did you stratify them prior to sowing ? I didn't ... 8 germinated but 4 died because of excessing watering.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

tweedle2009 wrote:Haji Latif can tell only :0) it's he who said this ... when you go to buy a falsa tree dont forget to ask him :mrgreen:

How many are you growing ? Where did you buy your seeds from and did you stratify them prior to sowing ? I didn't ... 8 germinated but 4 died because of excessing watering.
Well got the seeds in trade from austria. I keep my seeds in fridge in air tight container so they were automatically cold stratified i think. I heard they need direct sun and surface sowing. Just sowed 5 seeds each from 3 species today.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”