japenese mapple

Discussions on Ornamental & Fruit Trees/Shrubs

Moderator: Izhar

zunayir1
City: ISLAMABAD

japenese mapple

Post by zunayir1 »

do anyone have japenese mapple in his garden..the red mapple....i had bought one from islamabad nursery just planted 2 weeks ago...i want to know if anyone has it and share the growth and other stuff about it!
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: japenese mapple

Post by aykhan »

I don't know if it will grow in zone 10b Lahore, probably struggle it's entire life! I'm surprised it can grow in Islamabad. I won't count on it otherwise we'd be seeing a lot of these beautiful trees around. Am I wrong?
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

i dont know about the growth and much information about it..do you have any?>...please share...and tellme if it is available in lahore nurseries as a big plant...
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

I haven't seen it in Lahore. If you google I'm sure you'll find a lot of info. Check davesgarden also.
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

i had ordered them from amazon.com...i will get the seeds inshAllah soon...yes i had seen ther but i want pakistani people here who have it....
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Tried ... they d not survive.Lahore nursery has a variety that they say thrives in lahore but it's upto you whether to believe or not.
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

which lahore nursery have them...name and address pleasE?...they survive in cold temperature but yes if you can take care of them with the cloth and all...
zunayir1

Post by zunayir1 »

brother you didnot told me about the nursery location...if u have any numbers do let me know..thankyou!
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Check out Khabbabs website lahoregardening.com for nursery numbers. Your best bet is Lahore Nursery and maybe Abbas Nursery.
riaz
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Horticultural specially roses and interest in fragrant and bulbous plants

Post by riaz »

aykhan wrote:I don't know if it will grow in zone 10b Lahore, probably struggle it's entire life! I'm surprised it can grow in Islamabad. I won't count on it otherwise we'd be seeing a lot of these beautiful trees around. Am I wrong?
Yes you are right, If it is easy to grow here, we would see so many mapples.
Riaz

Return to “Trees & Shrubs”