caladiums size problem

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

caladiums size problem

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

dear fellew members i have a problem with caladiums.8 out 12 caladiums sprouted few days back but they are very Little in size biggest is 5 inch in size..is it normal in our weather(lahore ,sheikhupura) or will they increase in size with any technique.
Attachments
SAM_2716-001.JPG
SAM_2715-001.JPG
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: caladiums size problem

Post by aykhan »

If this is the first time you planted this bulb and you don't know which variety it is then its possible it might be a small leafed variety. Otherwise as the plants matures the leaves will look bigger. The caladium season just started.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

This is the bulb i really love since my child hood.but unfortunately i have left growing this beautiful bulb.the reasons many .first low germination %, secondly you don,t know what you are getting for your money,thirdly many sold are small leafed.Its a fit bulb for Karachi.it gets bigger & brighter at Karachi,s gardens.
Raza if its fancy large leaf it will gain the max size as Dr sb said.i prefer to purchase Zinnia & Portulaca instead this beautiful bulb.The main & actual reason is our local seeds stores, can you trust them.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

yes sir you are right about our local seed stores because these are from pride seed and they said that they are different colors but till now they are all of same color. Although germination rate is good only two rotted and two i destroyed while hoeing and remaining 8 are sprouting i think it is reasonable rate of germination but size is very small.

Return to “Questions and Problems”