Why my Marigolds died?

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

riaz
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Horticultural specially roses and interest in fragrant and bulbous plants

Why my Marigolds died?

Post by riaz »

Well I am surprised from buying plants by nurseries, recently I bought 5 plants of marigolds in smallest available pots from nursery near Karachi University. All plants were healthy and had large blooms.

But after few weeks these plants stop blooming new flowers, everything got drying in these plants and in 2 or 3 weeks they all were dead.

I did nothing wrong with them, here is my question "Is there any secret used by nurseries?" because I myself propagated marigolds this winter from seeds, all are doing fine and near to produce flowers except few seedlings which were dead due to exceeded dose of NPK 8-)
Riaz
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: Why my Marigolds died?

Post by Mustansir Billah »

There should be medium problem. Marigold like rough i.e very little manure. Maybe this is the main cause of there death.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Did you transplanted your plants to the bigger pots or they were in the same pot which you bought?
riaz
Gardening Interests: Horticultural specially roses and interest in fragrant and bulbous plants

Post by riaz »

Izhar wrote:Did you transplanted your plants to the bigger pots or they were in the same pot which you bought?
Yes Izhar, I shifted them, I bought them from nursery and removed them from pots, because it is difficult to ride bike with pots and than shifted to bigger pots.

I am attaching picture. This pot has three plants of marigolds.
Attachments
Marigold in trouble
Marigold in trouble
Marigold.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
Riaz
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

How much sun they are getting?? marigolds in pots do not survive long after first bloom... your plants seem to be suffering from mites attack as well.... in my opinion you should get some marigold seedlings as these are available and will bloom withing a month of transplanting...
riaz

Post by riaz »

Thanks, right now I have stopped purchasing marigolds and growing from seeds. I purchased seeds from Empress Market, Saddar. Let's see what will be be the result.
Riaz
S.Ahmed
Gardening Interests: Amateur gardener,Fragrant plants,Flowering Plants,Vegetables,Coconuts

Post by S.Ahmed »

What is the average lifespan of Marigold plant? Can they survive from one season to another?

@Riaz Where in Empress Market, Saddar did u bought the seeds from and how much did you pay & what quantity/packing?

Return to “Questions and Problems”